Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

anyone build a S15...??

typescl
08-12-2002, 02:08 AM
has anyone built a S15 with the combat kit? i just wanted to see if anyone has pics of theirs and any tips on lowering that car.

Daryl
08-12-2002, 03:46 AM
I've got one on the way. I'll tell you when it arrives.

hirofkd
08-12-2002, 06:46 AM
The S15 kit has a conventional strut suspension, so all you have to do is to shorten the shock, and bend/reposition the lower arm accordingly. Make sure to test fit to see how much room left between the tire and wheel arch, so that you can decide the amount to cut.

davidmmz
08-12-2002, 12:54 PM
I'm converting a SARD S15 into a GT300 Silvia which requires lowering the car by raising the wheel arches and building up wider fenders. The new ride height is only 3-4 inches off the ground.

I won't be posting new progress pics until maybe next Sunday. I'll try to post some older pics later today.

I've had to do more research on the differences between the 1999 and 2000 Daishin (Dajshin) cars to get the body accurate so I've stopped work on it for the moment.

A note on the SARD Silvia: Fujimi sucks....the kit was way more expensive and you don't get any usefull extra bits. The added resin front and rear spoilers are virtually identical to the stock parts except for a molded in grill and support. They also don't fit as well as the standard kit parts. The white metal side skirts are rough and not as nice as the stock parts. The wheels are just O.K. but will look good on a racing 300z that I'll be working on. You'd be better off getting the Mugen kit or a cheaper S15 and buying some cool aftermarket parts.

fullbloodchop01
08-12-2002, 02:50 PM
:alien: they all sound good but can some one post some pics:alien:

typescl
08-13-2002, 12:03 PM
thanks guys, i'll try to get started on that kit. i still havent had the time and patience to get on it. hey, davidmmz, where could i get them aftermarket parts, as in body kits and not mufflers and rims right?

davidmmz
08-16-2002, 11:54 AM
pic:
-wheel arches raised using sanding drum on a dremel (takes 30secs once you've built up the nerve to cut into a $30.00 kit!
-wheel wells taken in to accomodate wider racing slicks. They will be fixed up later.
-fender size and shape tested using non-hardening clay.

Add your comment to this topic!