Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Mufflers

2003TRD
07-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Which of these three is the best MUFFLER (not catback) ie. best sound, performance, quality: Magnaflow, Dynomax, Flowmaster 40. thanks

TcmaBoy
07-16-2006, 11:15 PM
Try and find some folks that have them. They all make noise, there is no performance difference. It is just a matter of what noise you like the best.

I run a Flowmaster, but I run it because there is no packing to soak up water when I wheel it. Packing will hold moisture and promote rot. If you never leave the road then there is no need to worry. It also qualifies as a spark arrestor which glass pack style mufflers, such as the Magnaflow, do not. Agian, if you never leave the road there is no need to worry.

97cavalier
07-17-2006, 01:03 AM
i have flowmaster and i like the way they sound, but they don't flow worth crap. I like how magnaflow sounds and performs all around.

2003TRD
07-23-2006, 08:11 PM
ok. well what exactly is the difference between a catback and a universal muffler?? like which sounds better/ louder? performance? thanks

TcmaBoy
07-23-2006, 08:20 PM
A cat back includes a muffler and new pipe from the catalytic converter back, hence cat back. A muffler is just that a muffler. None of them offer a sigificant performance gain on a stock motor.

Like I said above they all make noise, it is just a mater of finding people that have them and listening to them. Find the noise you like best. Some folks post up vids and sound clips, but it is not the same as hearing them in person.

Add your comment to this topic!