Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

non sequential and sequential?

feedthafire
07-15-2006, 06:30 PM
what the difference between the two? why would oyu convert to NON? and is ther a downfall to converting to non? like whats the ups and downs i dont know anything at all about the 2?

L-Spec
07-15-2006, 10:05 PM
If we're talking turbos.. sequencial turbos have a system in which one turbo is larger than the other so the smaller one spools faster while the larger one lags until full power, correct? One would assume that having a none sequencial turbo system, you can use two turbos of the same size to generate more horsepower overall, instead of depending on one turbo for quick acceleration and the other turbo for max power. It's all up to what the car is going to be used for and owner preference. Power vs acceleration.

feedthafire
07-15-2006, 10:16 PM
i dont pla n on doing this but what do you do to convert to NON just put 2 of the same size turbos i do want more acceleration but i dont plan on doing it im just learnin

drftk1d
07-18-2006, 12:40 AM
the way the fd's twin turbo system works:

small turbo works at your lower rpms (10 psi), then through some vaccum routing magic only japanese engineers could concieve, the 2nd turbo kicks in at 4500. just before the 2nd kicks in boost drops to 8 psi, and then goes back up to 10. keep in mind that both turbos run at high rpms.

converting to non sequential has the turbos running at the same time all the time.

http://www.nopistons.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=38640
that explains how to do it.

Add your comment to this topic!