alternative to armor all?

gw84
07-12-2006, 08:43 PM
Apparantly everyone hates armor all. So what can I use in its place to keep my dash, etc. shiny and clean? I had used black magic protectant and armor all on my dash, in my 93 lumina (notorious for peeling). Mine is still near mint. I also try to keep a sun shade in the window on sunny days, leave windows open or cracked when possible,etc. to slow the inevitable. I have yet to put anything on the dash in my 99 LTZ, because I don't want to get it hooked on the armor all:naughty: . I just like to keep my vehicles protected and looking their best and any advice here would be great!

tblake
07-13-2006, 12:09 PM
yeah, the thing with armor all is that once you use it, the cars addicted. Once you stop, the dash will start to peel and crack faster. By armorall, i think people are just referring to any "auto dash protectant" (yeah right), including, but not limited to, armor all, son of a gun, finishes 2000, mothers. I myself like the armorall products better than turtle wax, but very seldom use the dash protectant. I have used lemon pledge and it works just the same, leaves it nice and shiny, and wont cause it to crack if you quit using it.

gw84
07-13-2006, 07:27 PM
thanks man. like I said, I've been lathering the dash of my '93 with protectants since I got it four years ago. Still looks good, but I guess since I started it on the "habit" I can't quit or the dash will go into relapse and crack!!! Oh yeah, one more question: Does leather protectant work the same way or is it okay to use it?? Just put some Meguiars on mine, can't tell a difference before or after :( waste of 4 bucks

tblake
07-13-2006, 11:17 PM
um, i have never used leather cleaner because of the fact I've never had leather, this is my 2nd car, and the 1st was a 1990 lumina, which the dash was terribly warped because of previous owners. So, sorry cant help ya there with the LTZ

Matts3100
07-23-2006, 03:18 PM
If you can find it, Castle Products Deluxe Shine

richtazz
07-24-2006, 01:51 PM
do not use products containing silicone on leather. It will dry it out and cause it to crack. Make sure you use products specfically for leather. I use Turtle wax saddle soap on my leather, and it works great, leaves a satin sheen, and isn't greasy. As far as the dash/vinyl parts go, I use Black Magic myself, because it smells good (like black cherries) and doesn't dry out like the cheap stuff. Armor-all has too much water in it.

gw84
07-24-2006, 07:36 PM
thanks!

Add your comment to this topic!