Finally Dyno'd

Schister66
07-11-2006, 07:16 PM
I finally got my 99 GSR turbo dynoed and here are the results:

9psi = 274.9whp and 194.4wtq (corrected numbers)

(printed graph is uncorrected and reads 8% low)

Set up is listed in my sig......pics soon to follow

AudioGuy93DelSol
07-11-2006, 09:00 PM
That's damn good for stock internals at 9psi. Nice work.

eckoman_pdx
09-02-2006, 11:40 PM
I know this thread has been dead but I wanted to post up since I know you've been working towards a turbo set-up since you first joined...

What are you using to tune it? Hondata, Chrome, something else? I've seen that hit reliably before a few times on a turbo'd gsr. It's all about tuning. Having someone whom knows their stuff do a good tune on the dyno worth the money$$. Too many people slap on a turbo and say screw the tuning, only to blow the crap up a few miles down the road.

hany
09-03-2006, 04:49 AM
wow nice jop, we hope to help peopel in this site to reach what you reach to.

G-man422
09-03-2006, 08:54 AM
Very nice #s.

Schister66
09-03-2006, 06:43 PM
I'm using Crome to tune it right now and i agree that too many people half ass the tune and blow up later on....i paid almost $400 to get the best tuner in the area to tune my GSR and i dont regret it one bit. I'm going back to him in the spring to get retuned on my new setup!!

Once it snows, i wont be running on the stock block anymore....i'm building it this winter and along with it, a whole new setup. I'm going w/ either a ramhorn or topmount, 3" dp, RC880s, and either an SC6152 w/ the ported S housing or a GT3567R. Looking for 425whp daily and nearly 500whp at the track.....on stock sleeves

ITS ALL IN THE TUNING!

eckoman_pdx
09-03-2006, 06:59 PM
I'm using Crome to tune it right now and i agree that too many people half ass the tune and blow up later on....i paid almost $400 to get the best tuner in the area to tune my GSR and i dont regret it one bit. I'm going back to him in the spring to get retuned on my new setup!!

Once it snows, i wont be running on the stock block anymore....i'm building it this winter and along with it, a whole new setup. I'm going w/ either a ramhorn or topmount, 3" dp, RC880s, and either an SC6152 w/ the ported S housing or a GT3567R. Looking for 425whp daily and nearly 500whp at the track.....on stock sleeves

ITS ALL IN THE TUNING!

On stock sleeves? IDK, good luck. You're obviously going to put in new rods and pistons? I beam or H beam? I'd pay extra for I-beam rods. They weigh a little more sure but they can hold up a little better. I like Crower's I-beam rods myself. Obviously you're going to put in low comp pistons, right? Arias? Weisco? I'd spend the extra $$ and get it sleeved. That'll help durability considerably. AEBS, GE or Darton would be my recommendation for boost, I'd say AEBS or GE, I do like AEBS myself. Benson does great sleeving, and I used to know a guy in Cali who put down 500whp on Bensons, but with the open deck design I'd stick with Benson for NA and Darton, AEBS or GE for FI like you’re running. To each their own I guess, but even with a good tune, I wouldn't want to run 425-500hp on stock sleeves (even with new rods and pistons), especially after spending the $$ to have the motor built and the head-work done, and then paying for a re-tune and a new set-up. I'd defiantly sleeve the motor for those goals.

Like we both said, It's all in the tuning, but I'd rather be safe than sorry at that much boost. I wouldn't want run that much boost without sleeves. if you're going build it that much, I'd just finish it off by re-sleeving it. It's a lot better than cracking a sleeve and having to park the car until you can fix it. :2cents:

You going to use crome again to re-tune it or switch to something else?

Schister66
09-04-2006, 02:22 AM
i'm using Crome again for now....i probably will only have 400whp on stock daily and then more for the track, but i'm planning on staying w/ stock sleeves as long as i can. There are a lot of local guys having some really great success on stock sleeves and Crome. There is a boosted D in town that makes 470whp on stock sleeves, head, and intake manifold....i think a B can handle it....

I would love to sleeve it, but i dont have the money right now. It is a planned thing in the future, but for now, it and AEM EMS are both on the "wish list"

eckoman_pdx
09-04-2006, 11:52 PM
i'm using Crome again for now....i probably will only have 400whp on stock daily and then more for the track, but i'm planning on staying w/ stock sleeves as long as i can. There are a lot of local guys having some really great success on stock sleeves and Crome. There is a boosted D in town that makes 470whp on stock sleeves, head, and intake manifold....i think a B can handle it....

I would love to sleeve it, but i dont have the money right now. It is a planned thing in the future, but for now, it and AEM EMS are both on the "wish list"

Good luck, I wouldn't want to boost it that much on stock sleeves, even if I'd seen others do it before. I'd rather wait, save up an extra money and get the sleeves when I could afford to and do it all at once. To each there own I guess. Good luck with it all.

Schister66
09-06-2006, 01:21 AM
got my manifold today!! Its brand new and amazing....got it for like 1/2 price too. I'll post some pics once i take a few. Its the classic One-Fab mani

eckoman_pdx
09-06-2006, 05:12 PM
got my manifold today!! Its brand new and amazing....got it for like 1/2 price too. I'll post some pics once i take a few. Its the classic One-Fab mani

Where'd you get it from?

Schister66
09-08-2006, 03:08 PM
I got it from a guy on Honda-tech who didn't ever use it...i'll have some pics of it up soon...

CivicSpoon
09-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Where are the damn pic? I've been waiting 2 months to see pics :D

Schister66
09-08-2006, 08:23 PM
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j193/Schister66-3/TurboWeekend008-1.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j193/Schister66-3/Morepics028.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j193/Schister66-3/Morepics008.jpg
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j193/Schister66-3/Morepics009.jpg

that's it for now..

eckoman_pdx
09-09-2006, 05:28 AM
If I remember right, didn't you used to have a civic? Whatever happened to it? Anyways, glad to see the pics are up!:) Do you have a pic of the two manifolds (old and new one) side by side? Any type of before and after pics of the two different manifolds?

Schister66
09-09-2006, 11:09 AM
i could do that but the log is still on the car....i have the other mani sitting in my room right now. I'm just swamped with school and helping people get ready for the track day on Sunday. Its the last drag event of the year and i can't do it because of my stupid oil drain :(

eckoman_pdx
09-09-2006, 11:27 PM
i could do that but the log is still on the car....i have the other mani sitting in my room right now. I'm just swamped with school and helping people get ready for the track day on Sunday. Its the last drag event of the year and i can't do it because of my stupid oil drain :(

That's understandable, take a shot of them side by side once you get the log one off. How about snapping a digi pic of the new manifold right now just sitting there? It sucks you can't make the last drag event of the year.

Schister66
09-09-2006, 11:36 PM
well ill get over it....i'm going to be helping my buddy Taylor bust an 11.4 in his SC'd Foxbody Stanger....its going to be a blast

Check out my other thread for pics of the manifold and the other new toys i got!

CivicSpoon
09-10-2006, 01:33 AM
Very nice. Hate those Tial wastegates though. Had one fail on a customer's car this past spring/summer, but it's possible that it was just a bad one. I checked out your other thread too. Pretty crazy manifold design, is that equal length?

Schister66
09-10-2006, 08:53 AM
yeah it is an equal length....its sold to a buddy though. I'm getting a ramhorn from PeakBoost....

Add your comment to this topic!