Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

should I buy it?

ltc86
07-10-2006, 10:14 PM
I am tired of pouring gas into my old lincoln town car and am currently looking at a 97 legacy gt wagon 5sp with 94000 miles. The dealer is asking $6,000. I am looking at this car because I need alot of luggage space but want a sports car. I looked at a 97 legacy a while ago but it wasn't a gt and at 96000 miles it burned ALOT of oil and needed an engine rebuild, which the owner didn't agree with and wouln't come down on the price. 96000 miles seems early to be having those problems with a japanese 4cyl. I am kind of reluctant on this car because I don't want to buy it then have everything start to break, I just went through all of that crap. Can someone tell me what I can expect from this car at 94000 miles, are there certain problems and reliability issues most people run into with this particular model? Also, does anyone have one that has calculated their average mpg? Thanks for your help.

freakray
07-11-2006, 04:54 AM
I went over 100,000 on my first Impreza(2.5RS - same engine as Legacy GT) before I sold it, never had a days issue.
Was consistently getting 30mpg freeway.

Add your comment to this topic!