Shift Kits

Ramvenger
07-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Yea wassup,
I want a shift kit for my 96' Dodge Avenger ES. If anybody has info on where I can buy it, where anyone is selling it, what's the best one for my car, or just reviews for one let me know I'd greatly appreciate it!

Oh and if anyone has one that they want to sell me, make sure it comes with instructions.This is my first install and I wouldn't want to hurt my baby.:licka:

neon_rt
07-11-2006, 12:03 PM
If the Avenger uses the Chrysler 4-speed auto (I'm reasonably sure it does) you can get a shift kit from:
http://www.txchange.com/sk.htm
The SK® 604/606JR would be the one you would need.
Some people have reported that after installing the kit, they clipped (or put a switch on) the "Request for Torque Management" wire that runs from the TransControl Computer to the Engine Computer. The RTM reduces the power from the engine during shift to lesson the wear and provide a smoother shift. With the wire cut, the engine provides full power during the shift and when the kit has been installed and set for very firm shifts, tire chirping occurs on the 1st to 2nd gear shift.

Ramvenger
07-12-2006, 12:41 AM
THANK YOU!!!!:grinyes:
I greatly appreciate it, and if you or anyone else has anymore information go ahead and flood me!!!!:dogpile: :thumbsup:

95DodgeAvenger95
12-19-2006, 06:25 PM
shift kits are only for automatic trans rite?

neon_rt
12-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Yes.
If you have a manual trans, then you would improve the shifter itself.
I don't know if there is any shifter available for the Avenger manual transmission.

95DodgeAvenger95
12-20-2006, 05:32 PM
Yes.
If you have a manual trans, then you would improve the shifter itself.
I don't know if there is any shifter available for the Avenger manual transmission.]
im getting a B&M short shifter if thats what you mean

Add your comment to this topic!