Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How does this look?

hb5000
07-09-2006, 02:07 PM
Hi everyone, I'm looking at an MKIII supra, and I found this 1988 supra turbo. It has about 50,000 miles on a new engine and about 150,000 miles on the body. There are a lot of upgrades. I want a car that is reliable as this will be a daily driver. What do you think of this? I'm not sure how these upgrades will affect the drivability and reliability of the car. I sent the guy an e-mail and he sent what's below back. Also, how much would you guys expect to pay for this? Thanks.

the engine was replaced for one with 41,000 miles on it three years ago. the body has 150,000 on it but is in excellent shape. there are lots of upgrades. call me for a complete list. here are some of the upgrades. hks f-con, hks evc unit, hks fcd, hks 3.2mm metal head gasket, hks intake, blitz blow off valve, bomex body kit, front strut bar, indiglo gauges, hks boost gauge, ct26 upgrade from pht tech. custom stainless steel interior. sony explode cd player $480.00, sony 10 disc cd changer, alpine amp, hks piggy back computer. ronal rims. 2 10inch jl subs in a jl box. there are more upgrades . thats a list of most of them. ngk plugs and nikko wires. plus a ton of spare parts includes, engine block and head, turbo with manifold, tires, rims, moldings, sensors etc. etc...

Also, I might be going to test drive it sometime soon, anything in particular I should look for? Thanks again.

TcmaBoy
07-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Um...how much is the car?

hb5000
07-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Sorry, forgot that. $6,200 or best offer. Thanks.

TcmaBoy
07-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Check it for rust. Check along the rocker panels, the bottom of the doors, and the trunk area. If the body is in good shape and it runs then it is not a bad buy. Make sure he dosen't strip the car before selling it.

hb5000
07-10-2006, 03:59 PM
Got it. I'll check for rust in those areas. Also, what kind of quarter mile times and hp do you think this will be running with these mods? And anything else to look for that might be wrong with this car? Is it probably reliable even with the mods? Thanks a lot.

TcmaBoy
07-10-2006, 05:45 PM
As long as the head gasket and the fuel tuning were done properly the car should be just fine. I have no idea what kind of quarter mile time you will run. It all depends on how the car was tuned and your driving ability.

Add your comment to this topic!