Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

o2 sensor question

BlitzKeg
07-09-2006, 12:28 PM
Im finally gonna have some money for a tune up on my car.

just have a question about purchasing an o2 sensor.

Should I just go ahead and get one from o'reilly's or go to the dealership and get a mazda one?
I'm kinda leaning toward saving money and going to o'reillys but if the mazda o2 sensor performs dramatically better I might go for that.
any past experiences or insight would be great.
:cheers:
friday mourning is payday.......Im looking forward to finally fixing up my car.

L-Spec
07-09-2006, 01:11 PM
Screw Mazda haha, their prices will run your wallet into the ground. I recently lost spring that hold the headlight into the headlight housing, and I went to mazda and they told me that I'd have to by an entirely new headlight assembly.. My headlight is now being attached to my car with 12 pound fishing line and no one can tell the difference :) My car is even a bit more ghetto than that, but I'll leave that for another story :)

How much does the other O2 sensor go for? I only like OEM until it gets into performance. Plus I hear that if you plan on running an Apex'i SAFC or something similar, the OEM O2 sensor isn't a good combo with the SAFC. It might work, but it might not give you the most accurate readings. Many people I know with the SAFC change their O2 sensor to something not stock.

drftk1d
07-12-2006, 01:19 AM
autozone ftw

BlitzKeg
07-14-2006, 10:18 AM
I swore off autozone.......WALMART owns autozone......I DON'T REALLY CARE FOR SAM'S CHOICE IN AUTOPARTS!!!! SCREW SAM....lol anywho I'm taking my broke ass to O' reilly's for an O2 sensor. those kooky Irish.=) :cheers:

oh yeah srry bout the car drftk1d I almost wrecked mine the other day......I woulda cryed like alil school girl if anything happened.,,,what are you driving now???

drftk1d
07-14-2006, 01:08 PM
I swore off autozone.......WALMART owns autozone......I DON'T REALLY CARE FOR SAM'S CHOICE IN AUTOPARTS!!!! SCREW SAM....lol anywho I'm taking my broke ass to O' reilly's for an O2 sensor. those kooky Irish.=) :cheers:

oh yeah srry bout the car drftk1d I almost wrecked mine the other day......I woulda cryed like alil school girl if anything happened.,,,what are you driving now???
aboslutely nothing.

im looking at a TII now that has no motor and also something like a civic

ghostrx7
07-15-2006, 09:45 AM
damn drift, what happened? i totalled a 3rd gen so i know how ya feel... i was depressed for two years straight. now im satisfied with the 88 anni..

drftk1d
07-18-2006, 12:27 AM
on the garden state parkway (new jersey) going to hot import nights (I swear to god i said i was going to stay in bed that day), i'm in the left lane in some moderately heavy traffic doing around 60 (speed limit is 65).
Some fag cuts into the small space i have between me and the car in front of me and then decides to slam on his brakes.
So i avoid hitting that asshole but instead I hit the concrete barrier.

And once the car hits the barrier, one of the wheels lock up and the car does a 180 and then smushes the front passenger side of the car as well.
AND to add insult to injury the asshole cop that questioned me gave me a ticket for careless driving. So you can imagine how pissed I was (or still am).

The car only had 76k on it, it was a 91 na.
Body shop quoted me $2700 to fix (i paid 3k).

So i'm lookin for another car

ghostrx7
07-18-2006, 12:50 PM
sucks, get a tII!!!!!

drftk1d
07-19-2006, 04:50 PM
that's what i'm doing actually.

BlitzKeg
07-19-2006, 08:24 PM
wtf man that cop gave up a ticket over that. I'd be uber-pissed.

Some jackass did the same thing to me but I was going about 85mph.

why can't people just check their mirrors,.....Its not that damn hard.
I got into a skid and managed to slow down before I slammed into his dumbass.,...then the retard gets on my ass for him cuting me off.
I wanted to pulloff the highway and releive some road rage but I lose my double time pay at work if I'm late.

anyways I went to oreillys for the o2 sensor, it requied a solder but worked great.
I was kinda of pissed though. Day one I changed my plugs and wires(and oil) and it was running potient as hell. so I toke it out for the night and had a blast. uber-responsive.

Day two I changed the o2 sensor, no more smoke but it tamed it down alil. but I geuss I'm saving gas =( and maybe a cat or two.

btw good luck on finding a TII drift.

drftk1d
07-19-2006, 08:36 PM
thanks (oh and sorry for the threadjack)

Add your comment to this topic!