Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Lock Nuts - how?

jeev155
07-08-2006, 11:04 PM
I am picking some rims up and they come with lugs. but do u guys think i should pick up lock nuts, and how do they look/work?

anyone buy some off ebay.

for a 95 accord 4 lug.

00accord44
07-10-2006, 01:07 AM
lug locks are okay to have I guess. The main problem from what I understand is that there are like 3 companies that make em, so if somebody has the keys, its pointless. But they just look better with rims as opposed to regular lugs pokin out

TooManyProjects
07-10-2006, 01:39 AM
Locking lug nuts aren't useless. But, I've heard of several people that had them, but still had their rims stolen. Their nothing more than a deterrant. Everyone has a tire iron, so they help keep everyday theives from stealing them. The rims could still be stolen if someone rally wanted them though. Or worse, someone could steal the whole vehicle. I've heard of several stories where someone with a tow truck would back up, lift the wheels up, and leave before anyone could do anything. Really the best thing you can do is, make sure you have full coverage, get additional "rider" insurance for your rims, buy several brands of locking lug nuts, and get an alarm with a tilt sensor.

Add your comment to this topic!