Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Loud Buzzing

azguy
07-07-2006, 05:02 PM
my wife has a 2003 4cyl 2wd with about 40K miles on it. I drove it the other day and ther is a loud kind of a roar coming from what sounds like the front. It gets louder as you speed up until you hit about 55 then it seems to die down. She says it has always done this. My first guess is its tire noise but the slight vibration that i feel in the steering wheel and clutch pedle kind of concern me. Anyone have any ideas??

PlayStation3
07-07-2006, 11:48 PM
i have a question for you now. how hard was your foot on the gas pedal.

to be honset i don't have a vue but my sl2 kind of roar i guess you would call it until it is about to shift/ get past 55 when i have the pedal to the floor.

now you have one of the early vues which wheren't all that great until they put in the honda engine and fixed a few problems.

so i say it is the engine that cause it and does it vibrate at/near 50-60 becuase that is normal unless you have performence tires i belive.

HAWG
07-10-2006, 01:04 PM
Did You Check The Wheel Bearings, Center Support Bearing On Drive Shaft? Could Be The Problem

holdemjunkie
08-14-2006, 07:03 PM
what type of transmision do u have in it???

ksion15
11-15-2006, 09:19 PM
i'm assuming you have an automatic trans. which with being an 03 w /2.2, you would have the vti trans. notorious for whining, grinding,buzzing, growling, etc... take it to you're dealer. your warranty on your trans. is extended to 75,000 miles. they will either try a flush with a recalibration, or will replace the case cover assembly, at no cost to you.(if the noise is from the trans)

Add your comment to this topic!