Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

60 Buick Lesabre

maxwedge
07-06-2006, 03:12 PM
For anyone interested, I just partnered in the purchase of a 60 Buick lesabre 4d, 8700 miles documented, not been on the road since 78 but properly maintained, not a spec of rust anywhere all original, bill of sale, owners manual service records, am radio works, just got it running today, after changing the oil, flushed fuel system, turned it over by hand pulled the plugs spun it over with a primed new o/f got oil pressure and fired it. Sounds great, drove it around the yard, brakes don't release, easy fix there, some exhaust noise from the crossover pipe, but what an original pristine car, amazing. The 4 original 760x15 tires were in the trunk with the original unused spare. Found the build sheet in the rear seat springs.

blazee
07-06-2006, 03:29 PM
For anyone interested, I just partnered in the purchase of a 60 Buick lesabre 4d, 8700 miles documented, not been on the road since 78 but properly maintained, not a spec of rust anywhere all original, bill of sale, owners manual service records, am radio works, just got it running today, after changing the oil, flushed fuel system, turned it over by hand pulled the plugs spun it over with a primed new o/f got oil pressure and fired it. Sounds great, drove it around the yard, brakes don't release, easy fix there, some exhaust noise from the crossover pipe, but what an original pristine car, amazing. The 4 original 760x15 tires were in the trunk with the original unused spare. Found the build sheet in the rear seat springs.

Congrats man. It sounds awesome, but :useless:

maxwedge
07-06-2006, 06:47 PM
Congrats man. It sounds awesome, but :useless:
I'd post pics, but believe it not I don't know how. Help me here and I will do the interior, exterior and eng. compt. Shep

blazee
07-06-2006, 06:51 PM
Here's a "how to" that I did a while back:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=531952

maxwedge
07-06-2006, 07:17 PM
I will back working on it monday, will take pics and give it a try, thanks, Shep

maxwedge
07-21-2006, 06:47 PM
Well first 30 miles seized the water pump, and lost one lifter, the push rod seat popped out, no w/p available anywhere, have to send it out for a rebuild. This is what happens after waking up from a 28 year sleep.

Madcat455
07-21-2006, 11:00 PM
Well first 30 miles seized the water pump, and lost one lifter, the push rod seat popped out, no w/p available anywhere, have to send it out for a rebuild. This is what happens after waking up from a 28 year sleep.

Which engine does it have??? Hard to believe that there isn't a WP available for it, but I've seen stranger things:banghead:

maxwedge
07-22-2006, 01:17 PM
Which engine does it have??? Hard to believe that there isn't a WP available for it, but I've seen stranger things:banghead:
Base 364 cu in 2bbl, 10.25 compression, everyone lists they have pumps, you call them, including Kanter and you hear send it for a rebuild. Got the lifter and gaskets, wheel cylinders, m/c o/h kit and engine gaskets from NAPA. Factory belts, hoses and clamps, a few deteriorated engine labels and OE type scripted and date coded battery from Classicbuicks.com. Car still has the jacking label in the trunk and the am radio works!!

maxwedge
08-02-2006, 06:49 PM
It's alive, finally got the water pump back from Phila., new GM belts and hoses, drilled and tapped a hole in the diff housing to drain the " rear end sludge" out, serviced the Dynaflow, factory hose clamps, repro Delco dated battery,, intake off -1 lifter and push rod, new wheel cylinders, o/h the m/c and carb, 50 mile road test seems good so far, a little twitchy with the belted tires. Off to the car show at Hemmings.

Add your comment to this topic!