Where is the DRL relay in a '97 cavalier?

Bruce657
07-06-2006, 03:32 PM
I have been searching for the DRL relay on my car for hours online and just looking it over and I can't find it. I had one source say it should be under the hood in the fusebox near the battery (driver side) it isn't there. I'm at a complete loss so if anyone knows and can help me out that would be awesome.

MT-2500
07-06-2006, 03:40 PM
I have been searching for the DRL relay on my car for hours online and just looking it over and I can't find it. I had one source say it should be under the hood in the fusebox near the battery (driver side) it isn't there. I'm at a complete loss so if anyone knows and can help me out that would be awesome.

Welcome on your first post on AF.
It is on the front impact bar.
But you will have to ask someone else where the impact bar is because I am not sure. :grinyes: :rofl: :lol:
MT

notaricajustfasta
07-06-2006, 03:55 PM

if you would search the forums you wouldve found this

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=574622&highlight=kill+your

Bruce657
07-06-2006, 04:13 PM
That link isn't useful in any way. I'm looking to replace a fualty relay so I have DRL again as well as fixing my brights, one of the 2 doesn't work right now.

If the front impact bar is like right behind the radiator I have a grey box identical to the DRL box there but it has a different number, VF28-35F14-Z06 on the grey box, VF28-35F14-Z05 on the DRL relay replacement I got from the dealership. My brother is more mechanically inclined then me and thinks it's something different though. Anyone have some insight on that?

MT-2500
07-06-2006, 04:32 PM
That link isn't useful in any way. I'm looking to replace a fualty relay so I have DRL again as well as fixing my brights, one of the 2 doesn't work right now.

If the front impact bar is like right behind the radiator I have a grey box identical to the DRL box there but it has a different number, VF28-35F14-Z06 on the grey box, VF28-35F14-Z05 on the DRL relay replacement I got from the dealership. My brother is more mechanically inclined then me and thinks it's something different though. Anyone have some insight on that?

Sounds like it is close. Could be a number change on it.
Call dealership and ask the about the no difference.
Does the prongs and wiring diagram look the same on it?
If so it is worth a try plug it in and see how it goes.
Good Luck MT

Bruce657
07-06-2006, 05:01 PM
The wiring diagram is a little different (I'm not a wiring expert and don't know what the diagram means, also lines etc are omitted here), on that one it's
85 87

86 30

vs

85 87 87a

86 30
on the new DRL relay. The DRL relay has 5 pins and that one has 4 also so I'd say they are different.

Add your comment to this topic!