Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Fuel injector

RWK
07-06-2006, 05:48 AM
Back again I have cleaned the fuel injector and the truck still will not start. The engine was suspossibly rebuilt we installed the engine and it will turn over but won't start. checked everything all looks good except the fuel injector it is showing that it is getting continuity but I need to know how much it should be getting I also need to know how much pressure for the fuel pump. The truck is an 89 chevy s10 ENGINE IS A 4 CYLINDER 2.5

Here is a list of things we have changed

1. spark plugs and wires
2. fuel filter
3. distibutor cap

rlith
07-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Back again I have cleaned the fuel injector and the truck still will not start. The engine was suspossibly rebuilt we installed the engine and it will turn over but won't start. checked everything all looks good except the fuel injector it is showing that it is getting continuity but I need to know how much it should be getting I also need to know how much pressure for the fuel pump. The truck is an 89 chevy s10 ENGINE IS A 4 CYLINDER 2.5

Here is a list of things we have changed

1. spark plugs and wires
2. fuel filter
3. distibutor cap

Have you actually checked for spark? Have you run a fuel pressure gauge on the shrader valve in back of intake?

Your injector should be pulsing on an even rhythm

RWK
07-06-2006, 09:44 PM
[QUOTE=rlith]Have you actually checked for spark? Have you run a fuel pressure gauge on the shrader valve in back of intake?

Your injector should be pulsing on an even rhythm[/QUO
we are getting plenty of fire. It is getting plenty of fuel too. the injector looks like it is working. I need to check the halls effect sensor does anyone know where that is located???? I am about ready to throw a v8 in it if I can't get this engine figured out.Ihate to do that with gas prices being so high The truck is a 89 chevy s10 2.5 efi

We have also put a starter on. we have adjusted the timing too and it gets really close to starting and looses power and then sometimes after we adjust the timing it does not do snything

Add your comment to this topic!