Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

95 S-10 Blazer engine replacement

wlsnoops
07-04-2006, 06:41 AM
1995 S-10 Blazer 4.3L Vortec engine.

My engine puked out on me so I have to replace it. Found one with low miles on the web. Any pitfalls that I need to watch out for? Any tips to make the job easier?

Thanks.

rlith
07-04-2006, 09:54 AM
Just note where you pull all your connectors from. Note the condition of the distributor that comes with the new one. If you have a 4x4, don't bother trying to take the engine and tranny out at the same time, seperate the motor from the transmission. Also while you have the engine out, it would probably be a good time to pressurewash everything in the engine bay (obviously cover the ECM) to get all the grease out, and touch up and major scrapes on the firewall to help prevent rusting.

MT-2500
07-04-2006, 09:54 AM
1995 S-10 Blazer 4.3L Vortec engine.

My engine puked out on me so I have to replace it. Found one with low miles on the web. Any pitfalls that I need to watch out for? Any tips to make the job easier?

Thanks.

I always like to buy from a local salvage yard I can trust.
MT

wafrederick
07-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Is it a 2wd or 4wd?To get to the top bell housing bolts,Remove the crossmember for the transmission and lower the transmission down,you will get to the top two bellhousing bolts real easy.If you want a new engine,go with a Jasper and they have the best warrenty out there.If you ever have a problem with a Jasper engine,you can take it to any Jasper dealer with no problems.Jasper will even pay for the labor for warrenty work.Do not get one that has not been ran yet if the parts blazer has been wrecked badly.I have been in that situation,the engine ran bad because the yard never heard it run.

Add your comment to this topic!