Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

save the internet

Chiquae07
07-04-2006, 12:22 AM
sorry, but i dont think this is a repost. just tryin to aware people of this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOJnKgsWPGw

plz sign to save the internet........
or they might not let us be on AF no more....

Chiquae07
07-05-2006, 12:20 AM
i guess no one cares about the internet.....

-The Stig-
07-05-2006, 12:28 AM
Maybe if the video was... hmmm entertaining to watch, or a bit more informative... instead of some cockhole running around crying about how he won't be able to whack off to World of Warcraft anymore.

Mad_Maxima
07-05-2006, 02:52 AM
Yeah, I saw Moby and immediately turned it off

doodad
07-05-2006, 08:18 AM
that was stupid

Neutrino
07-05-2006, 09:46 AM
The frustrating thing is that Net Neutrality is a very important law that needs our full suport to combat the cartel/monopolistic power the telcos will use to control the internet.

And yes its quite possible for them to actually control the internet at least the US part of it despite how imposible it sounds. They control all the Tier 1 pipelines and using advanced packet filtering they can decide who gets and who doesn't get priority on their packets. This will cause anyone too small to pay their "priority fees" to have delayed packets and even drop some of them.

So please ignore the idiocity of that video and consider this situation carefully.

So i won't repeat myself I have posted futher info in a post in the political section:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=577183

Chiquae07
07-05-2006, 10:30 PM
idk there was a thread about this. the vid was kinda funny. but im serious about this. if so, where where would i get all my fan fics from? all the deifting videos from youtube? and google videos? if the law is passed, they could basically put a tax on email.......

drdisque
07-06-2006, 01:47 AM
If it was such a major issue then how come they can't get a non-douche who doesn't have a history of for the most part wussy political stances tell us about it?

I really don't think this would ever get passed, there's too many international consequences and the telcos would probably actually lose money.

Neutrino
07-06-2006, 09:34 AM
If it was such a major issue then how come they can't get a non-douche who doesn't have a history of for the most part wussy political stances tell us about it?

I really don't think this would ever get passed, there's too many international consequences and the telcos would probably actually lose money.

This is a very big deal and major corporations such as Google, Intel, Microsoft etc are behind this law. This is just some random video seemingly produced by himself which unfortunatelly does more harm than good by trivialising and ridiculing the matter.

Unfortunatelly the telcos seem to have such large lobbying power that even large tech companies cannot win agaisnt.

Here is Google position for example in all of this:
http://today.reuters.com/news/newsArticle.aspx?type=technologyNews&storyID=2006-07-04T172951Z_01_L04777905_RTRUKOC_0_US-GOOGLE-NETNEUTRALITY.xml&archived=False

Add your comment to this topic!