Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Types of car you prefer to model

nustad
08-07-2002, 11:26 PM
I have to say I am suprised at the number of modern cars and imports that people elect to model.

I must be an old fart as my collection is dominated by Datsun 240z's, Toyota 2000gt's (1967) and Ford Mustangs to 1968. Plus a few other classics like 70's Porsche 911 2.7RS, Ferrari Daytona and 288GTO.

The only modern kits I have are R32 Skyline GTR......and probably a 350z in time.

Cheers

GM

djmr2
08-07-2002, 11:37 PM
for me.. just new japanese rice rockets..

done cleanly, no big wings, no body kits, clean wheels... etc..

oldest car in my collection.. hmm 90-99 2nd generation MR2.

rcmaxx
08-07-2002, 11:47 PM
should'nt there be a option for those who build everything?

I have Everything from a 32 ford to a s2000

Honoturtle
08-08-2002, 12:29 AM
I actually like to build new and old imports, and newer domestics.

Lownslow
08-08-2002, 12:41 AM
New and old imports. and old and new domestics preferably lowriders and Kustoms(not hot rods)

Jay!
08-08-2002, 01:33 AM
I picked New Japanese, but I also like new/old European and old American Iron. :)

You shoulda picked the "multiple choice" option for the poll... ;)

Purpura Delujo
08-08-2002, 01:58 AM
RICE SUX!!!!!GO AMERICAN MUSCLE!:D :D

ales
08-08-2002, 05:40 AM
I picked Korean classics. Whatever that is. Just the rebel spirit in me. :p

auxr8
08-08-2002, 06:51 AM
Most of the models i have were bought after playing Gran Turismo 2,
I really like the Racing skylines and rally Evos and Wrx

Hawk312
08-08-2002, 08:13 AM
Since I`m not allowed to vote for some reason, chalk another one up for Older American Muscle, with New American Muscle coming in at a close second. But it changes for me from month to month. I have an S2000 right above the `70 Buick GSX sitting on my desk. :) :p :D :cool: ;) :alien: :licker: :smoker: :flash: :alien2: :frog:

I also agree with Lowriders. :eek: It`s bad enough when the suped up eclipses and MR-2`s come up beside the `Hawk and think they can mess. But the Accords and Neons????? :rolleyes: :bloated: :bloated: :bloated: :rolleyes:

primera man
08-08-2002, 09:07 AM
For me it depends on the mood im in. Lately all i have been doing is Imports which has been a good change.
I mostly build what i like at the time

djmr2
08-08-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by Hawk312
It`s bad enough when the suped up eclipses and MR-2`s come up beside the `Hawk and think they can mess.

OMG! did he just disgrace the MR2? Man it's bad enough that lil punks in their FIRECHICKENS have to mess with the MR2 on the streets, but online too?? on a modelling forum??

MR2 > Firechicken
Toyota 4cylinder > V8

oh btw, my car can turn
:flipa: :finger: :flipa:

back to modelling...
JDM TAMIYA MODELS ALL THE WAY!

Purpura Delujo
08-08-2002, 03:55 PM
American cars can turn, you gotta let em get nice n loose up back ;) About th V8 versus 4 cylinder...You forgot you got a turbo in there....All imports only get away from Muscle because of the low and mid boost advantage they have.

Purpura Delujo
08-08-2002, 03:57 PM
Long live the Chickens of Fire!!!!!!!I'm only 15 and I already got my mind set on a 78 Trans Am for my first car, I could of gotten an S13 silvia, but then I thought....PFFFF!!!!!Turbo...HA! Sorry, I just can't help from getting excited about that growl you get when you turn the key in a fine piece of Detroit Iron.

Hawk312
08-08-2002, 04:25 PM
OMG! did he just disgrace the MR2?

Dj, are you being serious? There is nothing wrong with any car. I just prefer one over the other, and think it`s silly when guys in these cars pull up beside me thinking they are going to "take" me easily. :) Usually they are silly kids. Doesn`t mean there is anything wrong with the MR-2. They just don`t accelerate as quickly without major work. :) :) :D

oh btw, my car can turn

http://www.motortrend.com/feb00/boxster/boxster_f.html
"We nailed an impressive 68.1-mph pass through our slalom" (motor trends test of a 2000 Porsche Boxster)
http://www.motortrend.com/april99/slp/slp_f.html
" It soared though the slalom test at a crisp 66.0 mph" (motor trends test of a `99 Firehawk, which is my year)

So my car is only 2 mph behind a Porsche Boxster in the slalom. Looks like it can turn to me. :) :)
And, it will get to 60 nearly 2 seconds faster, and do 12 second quarter miles stock and *naturally aspirated*. :D :D :cool: :cool: :cool: :D

Hawk312
08-08-2002, 05:07 PM
And, it will get to 60 nearly 2 seconds faster,

Actually, thats not compared to the Boxster, but to the only MR-2 specs I could find on that site. Sorry for the confusion. There`s only about 1 second difference between the Boxster and the `Hawk, more or less depending on which version Boxster.
BTW, it will also stop from 60 faster. :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

daggerlee
08-08-2002, 05:34 PM
I think the models I most enjoy are motorcycles...as it gives you a feel for all the main components that make up a motorcycle, unlike curbside car kits, or Fujimi kits ;) Every motorcycle has a different shaped engine and different frame which makes for some interesting modelling...

But besides that I really enjoy doing Tamiya japanese imports. I haven't done any race cars yet so we'll see about that. :D

modelfan1
08-08-2002, 05:40 PM
You shoulda picked the "multiple choice" option for the poll...

Yeah,I build whatever strikes me as neat,I have figures,helicopters,
boats and lots of cars !!
Even though I picked "old muscle cars"
:bandit: Mike

djmr2
08-08-2002, 05:58 PM
HAWK113, i'm not serious but i don't like people dissing the MR2! :)

arguments will go on forever. i hate comparing cars etc.. blah blah blah because when you compare production cars, everything is so broad.. like luxury, comfort.. etc.. things that will make the car slow
so i'm not gonna argue with you cuz the fact still remains my giant turbo'd mr2 will kick your chicken butt!! haha j/k

compare F1, F1 is cool.

Hawk312
08-08-2002, 07:46 PM
HAWK113, i'm not serious but i don't like people dissing the MR2!

No offense meant.

so i'm not gonna argue with you cuz the fact still remains my giant turbo'd mr2 will kick your chicken butt!! haha j/k

Maybe! :) One thing I learned quickly after a couple confrontations is that I will always get beat by the guy who`s willing to spend more money. Al that matters is that you like what you drive, right? :) :) :D :D
Your MR2 looks like you put alot of love into it. :)

tonioseven
08-08-2002, 09:36 PM
I like to build lowriders, Japanese cars, American muscle cars (old and new), full-size Chevrolets, and some trucks( F-150 Lightning, Expeditions, Tahoes). If they can be modified, I pretty much like to build them!:) Currently in progress: '92 Mustang GT-lowrider, '66 Olds Cutlass-lowrider, '69 Pontiac GTO-musclecar, R33GT-R, Honda Accord wagon, K-Break Majesta-Japanese, Callaway Speedster-'Vette, Toyota Carina-Japanese, F-150 Lightning-truck, '62 Impala SS-lowrider.

turbos86
08-09-2002, 01:16 AM
I pick........INITIAL D :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

sorry, hahaha, I really wanted to say it. :D :D :D
Still got piles of Initial D model I have to finish. So I guess I build old school Japanese cars these days. DC2 Integras are nice, and GC8 Impreza are sweet too. Ok, nevermind, I pick new and old Japanese cars.

tazdev
08-09-2002, 01:31 AM
Welcome Nustad

I'll make any thing as long as its a SKYLINE:D

But having been here for awhile now my mind is being opened as to the earlier models and god forbid even american muscle cars:eek:

Still don't know what to make yet. Maybe an old datto Z (perhaps in orange):p

Jumpman_Z
08-10-2002, 03:23 AM
I like just about anything that comes with instructions and can be painted, but I looooooooooove 300ZX models! I'm working on my Fujimi one right now. One day, I'll hope to have built every 300ZX model. The Z32 rules!

No Right Turn
08-11-2002, 08:48 PM
Dirt cars, dirt cars, dirt cars :)

http://web.pdx.edu/%7Echarnele/nrt/images/latemodel/workman2002/Image72.jpg

http://web.pdx.edu/%7Echarnele/nrt/images/outlaw/jerryschram2002/Image3.jpg

Add your comment to this topic!