Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Oil leak on my 97 pa

northstar1958
07-01-2006, 06:56 PM
Gentlemen:

Any suggestions as where to start to look for an oil leak on a 97 pa. Do they have a known oil leak problem? The oil pan is wet, and it looks like its coming more from the back of the engine. I tightened up the oil pan bolts alittle but it didn't help...Any suggestions? Thanks

Northstar

Loekee75
07-01-2006, 07:38 PM
what about the oil drain plug? Try tightening it a little. Also, it has a plastic washer that can leak after time..Does your oil filter have oil on it? Use your hand and see if it'll tighten any more that way. Also check your valve covers for leakage.

Bassasasin
07-05-2006, 01:08 PM
Is it red oil?
Does it ever smoke or smell smokey from the backside above when hot? (valve covers)?

Could it be comming from the front and blowing back across the pan?

Could you clean the engine up and check it daily?

Just some thoughts

jerobi
07-10-2006, 09:34 AM
I had an oil leak a year ago on my 96. It turned out to be a leak in the oil gauge itself.

azrish
07-17-2006, 11:30 PM
Two places I found oil leaking on my 97 PA. The oil pan gasket needed to be replaced. The oil level sensor on the side of the oil pan was also leaking. After replacing these, the oil leaks disappeared. Good luck!

jd-autotech
07-18-2006, 12:24 AM
on the right side of the oil pan leaks alot and usally the craddle is of corrse right in the way making that otherwise quick job into a longer bit of a pain but it aintreally that bad

Add your comment to this topic!