transmission oil mix with motor oil?

TeamRedLine23
07-01-2006, 06:08 PM
what are the side efects of useing transmission fluid mix with motor oil? I know tranny fluid will clean the oil deposits and all that good stuff. This guy with another gst mixed tranny fluid with motor oil and now his car does nothing but blow white smoke and sometimes blue. what does this mean? thanks agian.

SLoe
07-01-2006, 06:57 PM
Do you mean putting it in the crankcase? Don't do that!! :nono:

ATF will clean the deposits on the inside of the cylinder when you let the motor ingest it, but it has a different viscousity than motor oil. How much did he mix? Might damage bearings, and or rings, IDK. White smoke is water though so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

If he mixed oil and ATF and then let the motor suck it in, then it shouldn't have affected anything.

Just stick with the motor oil in the crankcase, and you won't have to worry about what the effects are. :2cents:

TeamRedLine23
07-01-2006, 07:57 PM
I it was dexron 3. and he put a quart in

TeamRedLine23
07-01-2006, 07:59 PM
oh and he used I think it was royal purple 10w30.

SLoe
07-01-2006, 10:15 PM
IDK, I have never met anyone who has done something so retarded before..... did you slap him yet?

Talon69
07-01-2006, 10:23 PM
1 quart is way to much to add, he possibly could have fucked his engine up :shakehead

kjewer1
07-01-2006, 10:57 PM
If you want to mix something with the oil, or even run it through the intake, try Marvels Mystery Oil, it's good shit. I run a half quart for the 500 miles before each oil change is due. I've run it in old motors that I opened up before and after using it, so I have a good idea of its effects, I just don't feel like rambling on about it at the moment. It should burn better than ATF. You can even add it to the fuel (most poeple running toulene also run MMO). I don't like the ATF idea. Some poeple do run it in the oil to clean out the lifters, but you arent supposed to go WOTing around on it ;) Just idle and a little revving perhaps.

TeamRedLine23
07-02-2006, 11:50 PM
ok, so its a bad idea. and yes I will slap him. but from what I understand from kjewer1 its still not a good idea but its ok if the car is just sitting in the driveway and he starts it every other day to let it idle? i really need to tell him about this forum.

vicboyz
12-01-2012, 06:15 PM
i need to figure out wut size the tans full dipstick is for a 88 ford crown victoria its crack on the bottom of the pole and its leaking out

SLoe
12-01-2012, 07:29 PM
Cincinnati (see I can do it too)......IDK, go order one from the Ford dealership. 6 year old thread back from the dead. Is this the zombie apocalypse? I thought we had a few more weeks before that happened. :sarcasmsign:

SilvrEclipse
12-02-2012, 10:02 AM
i need to figure out wut size the tans full dipstick is for a 88 ford crown victoria its crack on the bottom of the pole and its leaking out

Seriously dude? Not only are you in the completely wrong forum, but also this thread is 6 years old and has nothing similar to your problem at all. You need to go to the right subforum for your car and search in there or start a new thread about you issue.

-Silvr

Add your comment to this topic!