Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Tires and traction

Moser97
06-28-2006, 11:31 AM
I have a 2002, 2dr, 2.0, 5speed, 2wd, Tracker. It has the second set of tires on it at 90,000 miles. The tires on it are 205-70X15 Goodyear Opti-something. It has rained hear in PA for about a week now. I have noticed that it is VERY easy to get this little car sideways and sliding around. It has a limited slip diff, so when the rear tires spin it tries to walk around, and NO ABS so it is really easy to get it sliding. I'm not telling you anything you probably don't already know, so I'll get to the question. What other tires has anyone tried and with what results? The Goodyears will be ready to take the trip soon (about 1/2 gone now) and I will probably go up in size a little to a 235-75. I read on here, or the Suzi page that they will fit and clear everything. That is not the only size I will consider but I want something pretty standard so I can get them at a reasonable price. I am looking for recomendations for a good high traction, road tire. I will go with some 235-75 M&S tires I already have for the rear over the winter and look to get new for the spring. I am on secondary roads for a 100 mile round trip every day.

gkindub
07-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Take a look at the the Goodyear Tripletread. I have a set on my Montana and they're the best wet weather tires I've used. I've put about 15K miles on them so far and my only caveat is that I don't think they'll reach the 80K mileage rating they advertise.
Regards,
gb

Add your comment to this topic!