Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

window switch on 96 850 GLT gave up

nmikmik
06-28-2006, 10:03 AM
My window switch started acting up about a year ago, but it did not bother me much because it was a rear passenger window that wasn’t working. I still bought a replacement unit from one of the guys on this forum and kept it for the time it gives up completely. Well the time came about a moth ago where the window would go up but would not roll down. I waited until it gave up even going up and first tried cleaning the contact of my switch (what a pain) and reassemble it back, apparently causing a short because all the windows stopped working along with my moonroof. Next came the second switch that I had to splice together with existing wiring harness. It worked fine for the first 2-3 times but then it rolled my rear widows down and will not roll it up. I can hear a slight click when trying to lower RL window and same when trying to roll up RR window but nothing happens (actually I just tried it again and RR widow rolled down and wouldn’t go up) it seem that if it stay for about a day RR window operates one time up and down, but RL window is dead. If I haven’t confused you enough, please let me know.

Thanks,

TheMan5952
07-14-2006, 10:05 AM
Have you tried checking the relays for the window system, you also may want to pull the door panels and apply some silicone spray to the tracks to make sure they are well lubed.

Add your comment to this topic!