Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

A/C not blowing through vents

Mango™
06-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Put on the thinking hats, I have a 91 s-10 4.3 v6. I just put in a rebuild long block and before I replace the motor it keep popping the fuse for the A/C.
I thought the clutch was out.
After puting it all back togehter I tried the A/C and what do you know, it works BUT it does not blow through the dash vents. It only blows through the floor vent and defrost vent.
I trried moving the adjustments around and it wont blow. Is there any suggestions?

Thanks

Mango™

OverBoardProject
06-26-2006, 10:09 PM
In the middle of the firewall, 4 or 5 inches from the top there's a vacuum hose that's probably been disconected. It's easy to do, and will cause those problems.

Mango™
06-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Is this under the hood or under the dash?
Thanks Overboard

Mango™!

OverBoardProject
06-27-2006, 10:01 AM
It's under the hood. I'll try taking a picture of it tomorrow, it can be hard to find. I'm running late for fishing at the moment so I can't do it today.

I should be thanking you, I forgot about that vacuum function with my engine swap and have some time to research it and figure something out. (There's no real vacuum on a diesel)

Mango™
06-27-2006, 11:16 AM
that would be awesome if you could post a pic, I called my son and is going huh what. I will look toniht when i get home as well.
I hope you had good luck fishing!

Thanks

Add your comment to this topic!