Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Putting In Rear Speakers

manstess
06-25-2006, 04:01 PM
I've just managed to remove the factory fit radio from my 106 (with much trouble!) and it is the 96 P reg and has no rear speakers, so i'm wondering if it will already have the wires going from the head unit to the back or whether i will have to put them in myself? also the snew cd player i have bought has 4 channels but them connector that fitted to the back of the radio im sure has only 2?

HELP!!

gazola
07-09-2006, 12:58 PM
I have exactly the same situation, I'm sure the feeds to the rear are there as the conector in the dash (at the back of the head unit) has wire goin from the rear L/R pins - I just dont know where these wire go and end.

Thomas_Scanlon
08-27-2006, 06:10 PM
I have exactly the same situation, I'm sure the feeds to the rear are there as the conector in the dash (at the back of the head unit) has wire goin from the rear L/R pins - I just dont know where these wire go and end.

Try right hand side at back of car. Should be a plug connector, or alternatively other side. I have Nissan Micra, and there is a 4 conductor Shap connector. ++, --, L/R. You can check out the polarity etc with meter. Obviously it's going to be an open connector, so should be easy to find. As long as some models were wired for back speakers and faders, it should be in all models. Saves dragging wires back from head unit. Tom.

GSX2
09-14-2006, 04:08 PM
We're in the same boat. I just bought a new radio which I'll be able to connect my iPod to. I haven't fitted it yet because it says it is designed for 4 speakers and my pug only has two. Last night I checked to see if there were factory fitted wires for rear speakers in my 3 door 106. There are. You have to pull the rear side panels from the car to get access to the speaker wires. First you have to remove the parcel shelf, and the parcel shelf supports. Remove the rear seat cushions and fold down the rear seat backs. The wires have spade connectors. There are also 12V wires on both sides of the car. I'm guessing these are for running bigger amplifiers, or a CD changer. The spaces where you can install rear speakers are pretty small. I have a couple of 4" speakers I'm going to try and squeeze in. If they don't fit I'll let you know. Might have to drop to 3" !

gazola
09-15-2006, 02:24 AM
since my first post i have located and fitted my radio. if you only got two speakers u can still use a 4 speaker radio, the wire ends in the back of the caar are terminated properly. The only thing i would mention (after experience) is not to fit to fancy a radio to a pug 106 - i've just had the radio nicked, leaving a whole under the passenger door lock :frown:

mattgreen
10-03-2006, 07:43 AM
Hey, I have a 106 Key West and after reading this ran out to see if my car had the rear wiring!

Unfortunatly not :(

That may be because I'm not looking in the right place - i'm not sure.

I really want to get rear speakers installed because at the moment I only have one working speaker - and that is the front passenger one!

Thanks,

Matt

gazola
10-04-2006, 03:09 AM
you may well be looking in the right place just not hard enough. The rear connectors are behind the rear panel sections (3door model anyway), these panels have to be fully removed and the connector is at the bottom (aove the wheel arch). The panels can be triky to remove as the clips are quite brital, jusst ease the edge of the panel out with a wide flat blade screwdriver.

mattgreen
10-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Thanks for the response. I have taken a second look and cant really see anything :S

Is that where I am supposed to be looking:

http://www.mattgreen.co.uk/car-audio.jpg

The thing is I know that the wire is there, because it comes out the back of the CD player!

Thanks again!

Matt

mattgreen
10-12-2006, 10:01 AM
anyone?

Add your comment to this topic!