Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

question on vuel webers

aquarius
06-25-2006, 03:09 PM
i have a 85 crx with the stock carb if i were to convert ot dual webers will it still require all the stinkin vacuum lines?

aquarius
06-25-2006, 04:40 PM
its supposed to be titled questions on dual webers

cvcc_wagon
06-26-2006, 09:06 PM
no vacuum lines, you will however have to work out a way to run the vacuum advance for the distributor, i ran mine without and with it hooked up to manifold vacuum and didn't notice a difference but neither of those options are the proper way

aquarius
06-27-2006, 01:53 PM
so what your saying is that the weber conversion is not hard to do? my poor car is not in to bad of shape but not in the greatest and webers looks the way to go now that it takes away all the vacumm lines and my dad has the phylosophy that i have ot have it running before i can do anything else and my mom just wants to get rid of the car but i htink i will get in on the road eventually

cvcc_wagon
06-29-2006, 01:09 AM
well if the car isn't running now i would get it running properly with the stock carb because duel webers can be a little finicky to set up so having your timing and everything bang on before you start will help you out. if you can get a set that have already been jetted for your motor that will save you a lot of trouble as well. webers are easy to put on but not always so easy to tune.

aquarius
07-24-2006, 09:16 PM
thats the whole reason i wan to convert it wont run with the stock carb.......it starts but win't idle you have to keep reving it to keep it runnning. it has a brand new head and i am 95% sure that the vacuum lines are correct but the only diagram we have of the vacuum lines is hte small one on the underside of the hood and it is small and hard to read. if you have any suggestions please let me know i could use any help. thanks

cvcc_wagon
07-25-2006, 02:03 AM
did you put the 0-ring under the carb for the cvcc barrel. i believe that the 3rd gen carb is the same as the 2nd gen one, if so the cvcc barrel should extend a little lower on the carb and there is an 0-ring that seals it to the manifold. if the ring is missing it will not idle and only run above 2k rpm. i ran into this problem one of the many times that i replaced the head gasket on my old EM motor. it was late and i was tired of trying to figure out what was wrong so i started sweeping up the shop and amongst the sawdust i used to soak up the coolant i saw an 0-ring and scratched my head for a bit. then i remembered where it went and that, evidently, i hadn't installed it.

aquarius
07-25-2006, 04:00 PM
i don't remember there being on but i guess i need to check that. your probably right and thats probably been my whole problem dern little o-ring

redlynecrx
07-25-2006, 11:28 PM
i have a 86 crx with dual webbers, race cam, header, custom cold air etc..
it works great but idle circut is a bit lean so i have the mixture screws turned out to compensate until i can get bigger jets. i don't have any vacume to the distributor and have some ignition advance and 2 degrees of cam advance. the car really pulls great. i have spent the last 2 years learning to tune the carbs using online help from pierce manifolds i had
to purchase a air volume meter to balance them. i have learned a fair bit and recomend dual carbs. if your patient they work well. that being said, i am currently preparing to swap in a d16a1 and run my carbs on it.

aquarius
07-27-2006, 09:34 PM
nice good luck on the swap and thanks for the info

aquarius
08-11-2006, 01:40 PM
ok i finally found time to work on my poor car... the car will start and idles high at first normal i believe... then when it kicks down to idle normally it just dies unless you get your foot ont he gas.... and sometimes it just excelerates all by itslef hitting high rpms.....and cvccc_wagon my carb doesn't have an o-ring for the cvcc barell and the barell doesn't extend futher then the rest of the carb. i bought this car or a dollar from a freind and i woudl really like to get it back to running order...

Add your comment to this topic!