Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

old vs new injector leaks

dpollard
06-25-2006, 02:08 PM
How long does it take (if ever) before the "washing" under the plenun from an injector/regulater/nutkit leak is covered over by crud again?

My 95 jimmy 4.3W had the standard leak issues several years ago and the repair was made under the extended warranty by the dealer so I never saw the "before" shot. I am now at 183K and am having some starting problems. I checked the fuel pressure and observed a slow bleed down. 58 to 50 in 15 sec. So I pulled the plenum and the passenger side is all washed out looking. I think a detected a drip or 2 from the regulator when I turned the key to activate the fuel pump. A new regulator is in the works. However, my issues are no where near as bad as I would expect from what I saw - idle is fine, as well as mileage, power, etc. Could some of this be left from the old leak years ago? I took a pic I can post if you think it might help.

Thanx-

maxwedge
06-25-2006, 03:06 PM
How long does it take (if ever) before the "washing" under the plenun from an injector/regulater/nutkit leak is covered over by crud again?

My 95 jimmy 4.3W had the standard leak issues several years ago and the repair was made under the extended warranty by the dealer so I never saw the "before" shot. I am now at 183K and am having some starting problems. I checked the fuel pressure and observed a slow bleed down. 58 to 50 in 15 sec. So I pulled the plenum and the passenger side is all washed out looking. I think a detected a drip or 2 from the regulator when I turned the key to activate the fuel pump. A new regulator is in the works. However, my issues are no where near as bad as I would expect from what I saw - idle is fine, as well as mileage, power, etc. Could some of this be left from the old leak years ago? I took a pic I can post if you think it might help.

Thanx-
No matter what it looks like, if it leaks it leaks, you need the regulator.

Add your comment to this topic!