Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

gluing wheels to the axles...

Enigma131
08-05-2002, 06:52 PM
Hi all, I purchased a 1996 ford mustang cobra, and I basicly had completed the car and had all the wheels on... but when i came back to check on them one of the axles had melted where the wheel was and the wheel fell off....:confused: :confused: I realize I must have put too much cement on, but could any of you give me some tips on how to do better next time?

Enigma131
08-05-2002, 08:19 PM
Some body please respond! I need some tips!

tonioseven
08-05-2002, 08:41 PM
Hello and welcome! Don't use the cement in the tube! use the Testors cement in the clear glass bottle in conjunction with the liquid cement in the black triangular-shaped bottle. also try a small dab of super glue gel. It is easier to work with than regular super glue. Good luck! Also check out the FAQ area.

Enigma131
08-05-2002, 09:01 PM
Ok thanks for the reply and the warm welcome, I'll look for it during my next trip to wally world... Just what exactly is so bad about the tubed cement though?

tonioseven
08-05-2002, 09:41 PM
You end up using more than you need in a particular area. It only takes a little to hold most parts together. Use your own judgement; I was just offering some advice.

Enigma131
08-05-2002, 09:45 PM
Ok, Thanks alot!
I'll pick up a bottle when I get a chance...
BTW i fixed the wheel on my mustang and am finishing it up now if anybody would like to see pics when I'm done :sun: :sun: :alien:

tonioseven
08-06-2002, 08:21 AM
Also, to get the wheels to stay at the correct angle while the glue is frying, use two blocks, boxes, or small bricks to make a jig to keep the wheels straight until the glue has dried.:cool:

Jay!
08-06-2002, 03:07 PM
Welcome to AF! :wave:Originally posted by Enigma131
BTW i fixed the wheel on my mustang and am finishing it up now if anybody would like to see pics when I'm done :sun: :sun: :alien: I most certainly would! :D My pal has a '96 Cobra, and I was just thinking about trying to find a kit of it... ;)

fatboyslim
08-07-2002, 02:55 PM
Hi and welcome to A.F !!
Please post pictures of your models as we love piccies here!! Don't we guys?
Read the F.A.Q page for loads of tips, but if there is anything you're unsure of then please don't be afraid to ask as we were all newbies once!
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Jay!
08-07-2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by fatboyslim
we were all newbies once! Except for maybe Primera Man... :finger: LOL! :spit:

Add your comment to this topic!