Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

a/c vac pump

Decipha
06-24-2006, 02:40 PM
i have a spx robinair 6 cfm vac pump it looks like it has 1 connection which im assuming is for the low pressure side, if i run a vac do i just connect the low vac side to the low pressure side and run a vac at 29 microns???

i checked the pressure at my low pressure side and it didnt show up on the gauge, the a/c hasnt worked since i owned the vehicle but its damn hot here in new orleans... help plz any advice is greatly appreciated

gmtech79
06-24-2006, 08:35 PM
That one connection would be for connection to a manifold gauge set and then connecting to the vehicle.

MT-2500
06-24-2006, 09:15 PM
i have a spx robinair 6 cfm vac pump it looks like it has 1 connection which im assuming is for the low pressure side, if i run a vac do i just connect the low vac side to the low pressure side and run a vac at 29 microns???

i checked the pressure at my low pressure side and it didnt show up on the gauge, the a/c hasnt worked since i owned the vehicle but its damn hot here in new orleans... help plz any advice is greatly appreciated

Hook your gauges to the car. And as said hook the vacume pump to the middle port on gauge manifold.
With vacume pump running open the valves on the gauges and you should start to see vacume on gauges and your system.
Be sure to close your valves on the gauges before turning vacume pump off or you will lose your vacume on system.

If the system has not been working or open for a while a good long vacume pull down of 4-6 hrs or longer helps.
MT

Add your comment to this topic!