Page updated on 09-23-2017

350Z Potential Buyer Questions.

whitetiger777
06-24-2006, 02:05 AM
I have recently sold my 97 Eclipse GSX, and am looking for a new platform to work on. I was looking at acouple of cars untill came across the article in Modified magazine stating that the 350Z was the number one tuner car of the year. After learning that they start at around 300 hp stock I definatly would like some more info. I know that there are a couple difforent moddles; all I care avout though is that it has a manual tranny and a LSD. The questions I have are:

Do you guys run regular or supreem?

What do you guys observe as your milles per gallon. I would like actual observations, not a quote from a book. I've seen people claim any where from 17 to 28 MPG. I would like ouners observations.

How easy is it to work on this car? I've hear roumers that if there is anything you have to do the engine, you have to yank it out of the car. Is this true, or except for the tight space can you work on this car rather easly?

Are there common things that break on this car? (i.e. On the Eclipse you are constanly looking for crank walk, or a balence shaft freezing) Or what do you find, either your self, or see repeatedly posted on the forums, as to something going wrong?

What is a good forum dedicated to the 350Z? where there is a lot of information and good classified section?

Thanks for any info you all have.

whitetiger777
06-24-2006, 02:27 PM
Also how do you visualy spot the difforent packages? Base, enthusiest, track touring, and so on?

toykilla
07-10-2006, 09:48 AM
Do you guys run regular or supreem?

93 octane

What do you guys observe as your milles per gallon. I would like actual observations, not a quote from a book. I've seen people claim any where from 17 to 28 MPG. I would like ouners observations.

I get 19-20 on a long term average.

How easy is it to work on this car? I've hear roumers that if there is anything you have to do the engine, you have to yank it out of the car. Is this true, or except for the tight space can you work on this car rather easly?

Most things are easy. The engine is shoved in pretty tight, but almost anything can be done with the engine still in the car.

Are there common things that break on this car? (i.e. On the Eclipse you are constanly looking for crank walk, or a balence shaft freezing) Or what do you find, either your self, or see repeatedly posted on the forums, as to something going wrong?

Stay away from 03 models unless you want to replace your tires every 10k miles

What is a good forum dedicated to the 350Z? where there is a lot of information and good classified section?

http://350z-tech.com

Add your comment to this topic!