Our Community is 705,000 Strong. Join Us.

BOV Install

Shinji
06-23-2006, 05:25 AM
Hello everyone,

Well I finally got the new Turbo back from Greddy (Sent it back 3 times only to find out there was a machining issue in the housing.) and it works great however I was looking at my intake pipe near the throttle body and realized there is no place for a BOV install.

Now obvious I am going to need one if I am going to protect my investment a little more then what the wastegate does.

From what I have read both here and other place's all I need to do it tig weild the flange into the intake pipe going to my throttle body and drill a hole correct?

Now also I am not sure where I can T into for a Vacuum line to connect to the BOV or if there is a certain vacuum line I can use.

I am installing this on a 99 Honda Civic EX (D16Y8), any help would be great as google searching has so far not really explained anything for a Civic.

I did find that Eclispe install directions helpful for a "general" installation location.

Thanks in advance.

Schister66
06-23-2006, 07:41 AM
cut the vaccuum line to the brake booster before the backflow valve and T off of that for the vaccuum lines for the BOV and WG. Get a shop to weld on the BOV flange so that you have a good seal unless you're a good welder.

Shinji
06-23-2006, 10:29 PM
Yea the welding is a peice of cake just wasn't sure if I could T into the same vacuum line or not.

Thanks.

Add your comment to this topic!