Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

240sx RB26DETT engine swap

bryan t
06-23-2006, 01:45 AM
i am thinking of buying a 1995-1998 240sx and want to put in a Nissan Skyline GT-R RB26DETT motor into it and was wondering if anyone else as done this, the motor is sold from a company as a package with a DOHC Twin Turbo Engine, 5SP RWD Transmission, ECU & Complete Wiring Harness (Un-Cut).
i know there is some work involved but wondering if there was any advise from anyone before i buy.
thanks for the help.

1_revin_Silvia
06-23-2006, 02:05 PM
man use the search button on this forum, every third post is a question about the RB26 DETT into a 240sx.

It's a very difficult swap, and if you have very little or no experience its going to cost you an assload of money and you probably wont finish it. The RB26 comes with an AWD tranny by the way not a RWD. the RB25 comes with a 5spd RWD.

I would suggest going with an R33 RB25DET engine instead if you want a skyline motor. it's alot easier to do the swap, and alot more people have done it so support will be easier. check this site out: www.mckinneymotorsports.com they offer swap parts like motor mounts and driveshafts specifically for the RB25 in a 240.

take it from me, RB26 swap in a 240 will kill you lol, RB25 is alot easier.

RB26DETT = 280hp twin turbo
RB25DET = 250hp single turbo

bryan t
06-23-2006, 03:23 PM
hey thanks for the reply, i checked out that website and looks cool, and i had already searched the forums but nothing truely answered my questions.
the RB26DET is a fine motor but still is just isn't the RB26DETT. and yes i know the rb26 usually comes with a awd trans but check out this website http://www.enginelandinc.com/main.asp?ck=203&Categorykey=81 it is a little vage but it does say a rwd 5spd. we can always be optomistic right.

rollhard
06-23-2006, 03:33 PM
hey thanks for the reply, i checked out that website and looks cool, and i had already searched the forums but nothing truely answered my questions.
the RB26DET is a fine motor but still is just isn't the RB26DETT. and yes i know the rb26 usually comes with a awd trans but check out this website http://www.enginelandinc.com/main.asp?ck=203&Categorykey=81 it is a little vage but it does say a rwd 5spd. we can always be optomistic right.

The RB25, is very different from the RB26. If money is not an issue for you, you can go with the 26. It costs much more to make the swap though. We have done the 26 into an S13 but not an S14.

1_revin_Silvia
06-23-2006, 04:13 PM
Yeah the tranny that everyone uses when they do an RB26 in a 240 is the RB25 tranny. the RB25 is RWD and the transmission pretty much bolts up to the RB26, which makes it really easy.

sidewayzS13
06-24-2006, 08:59 PM
heres my opinion the rb26 is a waste ive said it once and im saying it again i have riden in a s14 w/ a rb26 and also a s14 w/ a rb25. the rb25 won hands down the rb25 was much faster w/ less money put into it and when you turn in a rb25 you dont have to worry about your steering column and your downpipe hitting making it a bitch to turn

-The Stig-
06-25-2006, 03:40 PM
Slideways... cool your jets. No need for personal attacks.

If he wants to spend his money on the RB26DETT after people have told him the con's of it. Then that's his decision, don't belittle him for it.

If you people must continue, take it to PM's.

This is your first, last and only warning. Anymore and people start getting free vacations. Goes for everybody.

Back on topic please, Thank you.

Dyno247365
06-25-2006, 04:07 PM
Obviously, because it's an incredibly confusing title, no one will read Check here for 240sx info/warnings/updates

There needs to be an engine swap sticky, imo.

1_revin_Silvia
06-25-2006, 05:31 PM
Obviously, because it's an incredibly confusing title, no one will read Check here for 240sx info/warnings/updates

There needs to be an engine swap sticky, imo.

agreed...

rollhard
06-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Man, this is a real shame. There is so much cursing and hostility here. Even worse than any honda noob forum I have seen.

Bryan T, try the search option. If you cant find anything, go ahead and post your questions here. Those who dont like your posts arent forced at gun point to read them. If you have more questions and dont want to deal with getting blasted, feel free to post on www.smoothlinezforums.com There are techs that will help answer any questions you have.

I hope things will change in these forums. The noob bashing should stop. Where are the moderators? Everyone was a noob once...

1_revin_Silvia
06-27-2006, 07:51 AM
now if you will all excuse me im going to tie my balls to the doorknob and smal the door over and over to express my frustration

:lol:

JDMsux
06-27-2006, 12:44 PM
i am thinking of buying a 1995-1998 240sx and want to put in a Nissan Skyline GT-R RB26DETT motor into it and was wondering if anyone else as done this.

Nope, nobody has ever done that before. You should do it so you can be the first!

jon@af
06-29-2006, 04:57 PM
I've cleaned this thread of all the posts not having to do with the actual topic(save Matt's warning, of course). I must agree with Matt (the stig) and stress that I will be coming into the forums more often and will not be tolerating animosity towards new members. Please read the recently locked thread in the main forum.

Now, if the posts following this one are not on the topic of the thread itself, they will be deleted. No questions asked. If anyone has a problem with this or anything else, please send me a message.

Add your comment to this topic!