Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

to buy or not to buy....

Mark Rudy
06-22-2006, 05:20 PM
1979 dodge b300, 360 4bbl massive van with the oddest dualie config I have ever seen, 4 tires in rear,2 in front of each other on each side. van is for sale for 400, another 400 to the dmv to bring reg current, needs battery and alternator, front seats, smogged (hoping a complete tune up and carb rebuild will take care of that as by the exaust smell it is running extremely rich). interior in decent shape, same with exterior. has some odd looking air suspension looking dealie in back with a dealie attached to the underside of the dash (disconnected) for air pressure. starts and runs fine. is it worth all that money to fix? The van size and specs are a direct on for our small group (private group that does a lot of travelling hauliung lots of equipment and a trailer).

stamar
06-23-2006, 01:13 AM
well no, no i would not consider that peice of crap.

but i mean, you have a need for a full time hauling vehicle? you might be the right person to get value out of the thing...
I mean its hard to say whats really on the market where you are. gas guzzling vehicles are really getting cheap out there.

Mark Rudy
06-23-2006, 10:15 AM
it's not a "full time" in use planned vehicle. we have "excursions" once or twice a week and maybe once or twice a month we do an overnighter depending on the distance...

well no, no i would not consider that peice of crap.

but i mean, you have a need for a full time hauling vehicle? you might be the right person to get value out of the thing...
I mean its hard to say whats really on the market where you are. gas guzzling vehicles are really getting cheap out there.

Add your comment to this topic!