Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

hondas.....man theyre fast

f350haulin
06-21-2006, 10:35 PM
the other day i was driving down the road, minding my own business, listening to my skynyrd. all of a sudden, i thought i farted, but i looked in my rearview, and there was this preppy ass queer in a civic. he started revving his 1.8 litre ricebox with the fartcan, so i revved up my vortec with flowmasters, and i think i rattled the car pretty good. anyway, i take off and this guy thinks hes cool, but once i reach third, all i can see is a spec in the rearview. for a second there i thought i might have had a good race, but i think the damn thing fell apart once my flowmasters rumbled the ground. you guys in hondas gotta stop thinkin youre hardass in your 1.8 litre fartcans on wheels.

2002 Chevy Silverado
-Whipple Supercharger, Gibson Headers, Flowmaster 602s, 22 inch Roz wheels, bully dog intake, need i say more?

Schister66
06-22-2006, 12:30 AM
i'm sure your proud of yourself.....if you're ever around and feel the urge to race, let me know! Sabin International Raceway outside Fargo, ND.

neatofrito1618
06-22-2006, 01:35 AM
:rofl:

duffman868
06-22-2006, 06:34 AM
a 1.8 damn that guy went with a big block i rock the 1.5 in my civic

Shpyder
06-22-2006, 12:48 PM
you guys in hondas gotta stop thinkin youre hardass in your 1.8 litre fartcans on wheels.

Um. I think what you encountered was perhaps the "rice" species of the Honda enthusiast, not a true "racer", (as much as I dislike street racing).

I have a 2.0L in my Eclipse with not one, but two fart cans! And yes sir, I think I am definitely very hardass. :smokin:

Schister66
06-22-2006, 07:24 PM
yes sir, I think I am definitely very hardass. :smokin:

F**kin right!

thefooshmeister
06-23-2006, 12:39 AM
wow how many miles per gallon do you get in that bucket man? i bet you probly live in the country, smoke marlboro reds, or work in construction cuz you really need a big ass vehicle to prove yourself.

seriously if you think you make us honda guys feel pathetic next to your awesome gm power i think you need to take a better look. we dont give a damn about ricers cuz they are the bane of hondas..oh and by the way i smoked some ricey little cavalier in my buddies saturn the other day so i dont wanna hear about us just having fart cans or aluminum wings. every car has been riced so get over it. maybe you should become a showcar for APC or something to show your big cojones..

S13Driftfiend
06-24-2006, 11:07 AM
i know its random to see a 240 guy in a honda thread about a battle between a civic and an f350, but i was looking through the honda forums out of boredom and read it and couldnt resist. i can see from both sides of this ongoing battle... for example, f350haulin, i completely agree with you. i know youre thinking i drive a 4 cyl too and i dont know what im talking about, but im running an SR20 setup, about 12 lbs of boost daily driven. i can see where you get mad about the hondas though, becuase the little ricers with the same "NOS" stickers and obnoxious exhausts ARE extremely annoying, especially to 240sx enthuisiasts. but in all fairness, the shop that did my engine swap, Trick Engineering, (NH) specializes in honda/acura tuning. if you visit their site, they have videos of hatches ANNIHILATING camaros and lightnings. see for yourself (Trickengineering.com). so yes, hondas with fartcans and ricer mods are ridiculous, but the guys ruining cars with twice as many cylinders deserve their respect. sorry for the long and random post, like i said i couldnt resist.

2poor2tune
06-25-2006, 06:44 PM
why. why post this thread. i bet there are plenty of hondas that could take you but then again there are plenty of 240's out there that could take hondas. i personaly love hondas. got one myself but man would i love to drift around a turn every once in a while. if i ever get a rwd car hello 240 with the sr20det. and hello brake stands sorry i like the stupid things people do with there cars. and once again. dont consider the ones with outragouse body kits and stickers/emblems all over there cars. look for a nice drop crx or civic somthing likr that keep it stock. keep it fast.

f350haulin
06-26-2006, 09:15 AM
yea i will say those are some fast hondas, but can we be sure of the skill of the other drivers? i mean, those hondas are running turbos with 15 lbs of boost and probly 100 shots of N20, they have exhausts, intakes, headers, ECU computer chips, and probably almost every mod that you can make, but still keep it street legal. I can bet anything that corvette was stock, and it seemed that a younger guy was driving it, because it was an older model. The lightning is fast and has 380 horses stock, but the damn thing weighs two and a half tons. The camaro wasnt even a race, because older cars like that arent quick off the line and dont weigh as little as a honda. Im not even gonna comment on that hyundai or whatever the hell that was in the last race on the page. That thing probably fell apart on the way home. Anyway, those hondas are fast, but you got to look at what theyre racing also. peace

S13Driftfiend
06-26-2006, 11:20 AM
why. why post this thread. i bet there are plenty of hondas that could take you but then again there are plenty of 240's out there that could take hondas. i personaly love hondas. got one myself but man would i love to drift around a turn every once in a while. if i ever get a rwd car hello 240 with the sr20det. and hello brake stands sorry i like the stupid things people do with there cars. and once again. dont consider the ones with outragouse body kits and stickers/emblems all over there cars. look for a nice drop crx or civic somthing likr that keep it stock. keep it fast.

i agree, i never said anything about beating civics. i was just saying i agree with both sides of this battle. there are very fast and respectable civics (and other hondas) but on the other hand, there are also some real ridiculous ones (which i think everyone wil lagree with) just like there are some ridiculous 240s.

Vtec95Civic
06-26-2006, 07:46 PM
Yeah but those civics probably cost 20-30k, a new Corvette is what.. 70-80k? Maybe lower I haven't paid much attention to new car prices. Either way it's more.

4 wheels is 4 wheels, what you wanna do with them is a personal preference.

AcuraTL2005
06-26-2006, 08:34 PM
lol...whos the guy with the V6 mustang? Those things are slow as slow can get...even the new Mustang gt's are slow, i give it to the Saleen's, Mach's, Cobra's, and the stg III Rouchs', but boooo for GM, how many injectors did u have to replace on that one? Ill give it to the LS7's, 7.0liters of raw power...NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT, but ill stick to my imports, Small motor Big power

Igovert500
06-27-2006, 05:52 AM
f350, if all you are going to do is come on here to bash hondas, your stay wont be too long. Everyone has their preferences, if you really want to go down the list of Ford stereotypes, I'm sure everyone here would be more than willing to share theirs, however, they didn't wonder into the Ford section and start a thread to do so. So I suggest if you aren't in the Honda section to actually talk about Hondas or Racing in some serious aspect, then I suggest you don't bother posting in here.

Save everybody the trouble. Everybody gets along nicer, and we don't have to resort to arguing like adolescents with keyboards and monster egos. I would suggest in the future, to check out the IMPORTANT threads at the top of the forums, as they usually explain what will and what wont be tolerated in that section. OK? Good. Welcome to AF.

Thread closed.

Add your comment to this topic!