Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Supercharger vs turbocharger

LoJo
06-21-2006, 05:01 PM
hey i have an 03 tiburon and i was just wondering what kind of gains i would get on a supercharger and turbocharger and if possible an estimated horsepower boost. also which one is more efficient. thanks in advance

lowsonoma1999
06-22-2006, 09:45 AM
hey i have an 03 tiburon and i was just wondering what kind of gains i would get on a supercharger and turbocharger and if possible an estimated horsepower boost. also which one is more efficient. thanks in advance

Would need to know if it's the V6 or 4cyl. One of our customers has a GT, with Alpine supercharger. Stage 2 I think pulley, runnin 10lbs of boost, bigger injectors, and catback exhaust. With only those items, he dynoed 273hp at the wheels. Still needs some more tuning, and a bigger fuel pump and afpr. Was runnin a little lean at the higher rpms. All in all, not that big of an investment for him, but quite a bit of gain. If only the people that he had install it didn't screw up a bunch of things, so he paid one of my Hyundai techs to fix it on the side.

LoJo
06-22-2006, 02:23 PM
yea i have the GTV6 its actually my dads and we're thinkin about doin some work to it since we didn't feel like restoring an older classic but he was leaning towards the supercharger and i was just wondering how easy is it to run more psi is it just changing the size of the pulley?

lowsonoma1999
06-22-2006, 03:06 PM
yea i have the GTV6 its actually my dads and we're thinkin about doin some work to it since we didn't feel like restoring an older classic but he was leaning towards the supercharger and i was just wondering how easy is it to run more psi is it just changing the size of the pulley?

Yeah, it's just a pulley change. But, with more boost, you need more fuel. Eventually you will need to upgrade the injectors, regulator, and fuel pump. Tuning is the key.

speeddemonGtV6
06-23-2006, 08:54 AM
good luck finding a decent turbo setup for a v6 stick with a NXTgen supercharger.

Add your comment to this topic!