Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Automotive news: Musashi to resume test drives.

Musashi3000GT
06-21-2006, 01:49 PM
Thats right ladies and gentlemen, the popular "Musashi Test Drives" articles are scheduled to make a second season due out early July 2006.
The first season debuted its pilot episode with a test drive of the Saturn Redline and went on a attain a short but steady following by devoted fans who would tune in regularly to read up on test drives of the 350z, RX8 and GTO amongst others.
In an interview with the host here is what Musahsi had to say:
"I really didnt think Id get asked to do a second season, I think the first one was good, we had a good audience and I think everyone enjoyed it. I think there was like maybe one guy who didnt like it but hes some Moderator so of course no one took him seriously. My wife just happens to be in the market now so its time for another round I think"

The first season left out a few favorites which the article's producers hope to be able to nail this time around. "there was this one kid with a red S2000 who kept bugging me to test it out, he even came to my house and picketed for like 3 days hoping Id test his car out!" recalls Musashi.

AF spoke to NamitheNavigator, excecutive director of the test drives. "We hope to make this new season more entertaining, we will be adding pictures and maybe vid or sound clips to make it more interactive."
"We want to invite the audience to participate and tell us which cars they'd like to see tested. We asked before but this time we will be actually tallying the votes and deliver as requested"

One fan had this to say "I cried when they didnt test out the S2000, it was like I waited for weeks and begged Musashi to hook it up specially after what he had to say about the Z, but he never did and now I have psychological blackouts!" -Clawhammer.

But not everyone will be happy to see Musashi back behind the wheel, some readers have publically opposed. One reader who asked for his identity to be kept secret had the following response: "I really dislike him doing this crap again. Its a waste of bandwidth, hes just out to get and award or something for this shit! If I wanted a car review Id read it off a magazine" -Redstig.

IshtarX, the inspiration behind the new season explains that the Test Drives are not a magazine artilce and that its the opinion of one enthusiast with as much money and as much passion as everyone else on the forum, not some billed up 55 yearold expert who drives a LandRover.
" when Mushi said that driving the RedLine was like masturbation compared to a real sports car I new we had a hit on our hands! he has this unfiltered, uncenssored passion that is direct and almost offensive, thats what we need. Not some track tested statistic but true-to-life feelings that only he can express." "we hope the audience feels conected and not like they are reading and expert report but rather a friend's opinion of the vehicle".

Talk about Musashi's co-host Gotian has also been overheard although nothing has been confirmed.

quteasabutton
06-21-2006, 02:16 PM
this should be interesting...

RSturbo
06-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Oooohhhhh... Mmmmyyy... gaaaawwwdd..... im like.... your... biggest fan.... can i have your autograph.:grinno: I have read every episode and i cant get enough of it. I cant wait to see the next season; your my fav host ever.:icon16:

Your reviews are real, straight forward, and you dont hold anything back.
Real life test from a real like guy.. not some stupid magizine.

Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:

Jet-Lee
06-21-2006, 02:22 PM
I don't quite understand what you're talking about, but only because this is my first time ever looking in this forum.

I'll be back to see what it is and what comes of it. Either way, good luck and have fun.

Musashi3000GT
06-21-2006, 02:33 PM
test drive the redline:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=541540&highlight=musashi+test

Test drive the Z
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=543279&highlight=musashi+test

Test drive the SE-R Altima
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=543926&highlight=musashi+test

The RX8
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=544897&highlight=musashi+test

The GTO
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=547038&highlight=musashi+test

there where more though.

TheStang00
06-21-2006, 02:37 PM
test drive the redline:
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=541540&highlight=musashi+test

Test drive the Z
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=543279&highlight=musashi+test

Test drive the SE-R Altima
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=543926&highlight=musashi+test

The RX8
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=544897&highlight=musashi+test

The GTO
http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=547038&highlight=musashi+test

there where more though.

didnt you do a mustang gt? i thought i remembered gotian saying something about that.

quteasabutton
06-21-2006, 02:49 PM
Oooohhhhh... Mmmmyyy... gaaaawwwdd..... im like.... your... biggest fan.... can i have your autograph.:grinno: I have read every episode and i cant get enough of it. I cant wait to see the next season; your my fav host ever.:icon16:

Your reviews are real, straight forward, and you dont hold anything back.
Real life test from a real like guy.. not some stupid magizine.

Keep up the good work!:thumbsup:
shut up i'm his biggest fan. so there.

anyone else notice jet-lee decided to go gay today? *snicker*

Jet-Lee
06-21-2006, 03:26 PM
Hey, that's pretty cool, Musashi. I'll look forward to the new season.

Qute, you're just jealous.

quteasabutton
06-21-2006, 03:36 PM
every good show has a female co-host :naughty: *hint hint*

Jet-Lee
06-21-2006, 03:45 PM
No they don't. Fear Factor, Top Gear, OCC, American Thunder......

Mr Wiggl3s
06-21-2006, 04:08 PM
Suggestions:
You should put the links in 1 thread.
Orginize it

2006 Pontiac GTO (http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=547038)
I loved it so much I couldnt wait. I got me one. a brand new blue impulse metalic with blue leather interiror 2006 GTO.
all that power all that class and so much history behind this great car and all for 32K! How could I ressist?

something like that, the only reason i say this is because im really interested in reading what you write
Then again you dont have to listen to me. And im sure some people would suggest you didn't

Jet-Lee
06-21-2006, 04:16 PM
A sticky would be awesome! Then forum newbs, such as myself, wouldn't have to ask/search/wonder. Plus, if someone wanted to go back and check out the history, it's right there.

Mad_Maxima
06-21-2006, 04:53 PM
When Musashi first started making them some ppl requested them to be Stickied, but it never happened. They are pretty good threads. Look foward to the new ones.

What kinda car is your wife looking for, coupe, sedan, wagon, SUV, or open minded, I might come up with some cars to try depending on what she's looking for.

TheStang00
06-21-2006, 09:32 PM
pinto or pacer, thats all id settle for

Musashi3000GT
06-21-2006, 11:57 PM
She's not looking for any one type of car. She just wants a cars that she will be proud of and that will please her every time she floors it.
Isnt that what we all want? a car that just makes us feel great everytime all the time!

quteasabutton
06-22-2006, 12:37 AM
She's not looking for any one type of car. She just wants a cars that she will be proud of and that will please her every time she floors it.
Isnt that what we all want? a car that just makes us feel great everytime all the time!
yeah i want a guy like that. one that makes me feel great all the time. too bad u can't really shop for guys like u can a car. *shrug* oh well

GForce957
06-22-2006, 12:57 AM
so did you not do a mustang gt? I thought you had tested one earlier too

Gotian
06-22-2006, 01:50 AM
::behind the scenes::
Gotian grabs Musashi and smacks the back of his head.
"that's for not mentioning me! I did alot of those test drives with you and you cut me out for the new season!" The area goes dark.

::Curtains open up::
"Welcome, welcome, one and all!" Gotian step out "I'm so glad you could make it to the opening of our new season. Musashi couldnt make it tonight since he seemed a bit busy, so I will be your new host!"
::camera focuses in on a closet with a moving body bag in it::

::an audience member stands up and shouts:: "we want musashi!" ::Gotian shoots him in the mouth with a .44 caliber magnum::
"anyone else?" ::silence:: "didnt think so!"

quteasabutton
06-22-2006, 02:14 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^this is why we need a female co-host. i swear i won't try and kill u if you let me host! *psst..that gotian seems a little nuts..might want to watch him close...:uhoh: :uhoh: *

TheStang00
06-22-2006, 04:11 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^this is why we need a female co-host. i swear i won't try and kill u if you let me host! *psst..that gotian seems a little nuts..might want to watch him close...:uhoh: :uhoh: *

ur next... :uhoh:

Jet-Lee
06-22-2006, 06:55 AM
yeah i want a guy like that. one that makes me feel great all the time. too bad u can't really shop for guys like u can a car. *shrug* oh well
I dunno what you're talkin about, you can. Too bad us guys like that are already taken.

Musashi3000GT
06-22-2006, 11:22 AM
we did test out the Mustang GT but the test was inconclusive........the car was auto and used and I absolutely hated it! we will be teasting a new one, stick this time in the new season.

Gotian, I send you the memo, you didnt get it?.....I mean your girlfriend is the executive producer for crying out loud! I though you wouldve heard.

Qute, we could give you a special section. let me talk to my partner Gotian and see what we can come up with.
of course our board of directors will have to approve it first.:icon16:

Gotian
06-22-2006, 11:40 AM
yeah now that I let you out of the bag you say there was a memo....uh huh...

quteasabutton
06-22-2006, 11:53 AM
we did test out the Mustang GT but the test was inconclusive........the car was auto and used and I absolutely hated it! we will be teasting a new one, stick this time in the new season.

Gotian, I send you the memo, you didnt get it?.....I mean your girlfriend is the executive producer for crying out loud! I though you wouldve heard.

Qute, we could give you a special section. let me talk to my partner Gotian and see what we can come up with.
of course our board of directors will have to approve it first.:icon16:
hehe awesome! ;) lemme know how that goes, tell them i'm an great candidate for the job.

Mr Wiggl3s
06-22-2006, 12:37 PM
I vote you try some lincolns out. Me likes lincolns

TheStang00
06-22-2006, 01:22 PM
I vote you try some lincolns out. Me likes lincolns

i saw a lincoln at teh indy 500 and i dont know what it was, but it looked sexy as hell. it might have been a zephyr idk...

IshtarX
06-23-2006, 04:01 PM
every good show has a female co-host :naughty: *hint hint*

Last I checked the co-host is the wife:grinyes:

:behind the scenes:
kicks gotian in the ass for bagging Musahsi with out my permission
:end of scenes:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f341/cpjc98/evilkitty.jpg

clawhammer
06-23-2006, 06:25 PM
I missed this thread. You gotta test drive the S2000 this time. Your wife will love the top down :grinyes:

And remember, topless chicks get all the boys :grinno:

Musashi3000GT
06-23-2006, 06:27 PM
I missed this thread. You gotta test drive the S2000 this time. Your wife will love the top down :grinyes:

And remember, topless chicks get all the boys :grinno:
you didnt read the first post did you?
see everyone! I told you he was pressistant.

clawhammer
06-23-2006, 08:21 PM
you didnt read the first post did you?
see everyone! I told you he was pressistant.
I did read the post.

Igovert500
06-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Last I checked the co-host is the wife:grinyes:

:lol: owned

Add your comment to this topic!