Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

just wondering how much would it cost to learn to drift?

myslef
06-21-2006, 11:58 AM
i just wanted to know how much would it cost you to learn how to drift about how much the tires and parts and reparing the car would cost you or could you find someone to pay for all that and if you do drift races you drift for them?

Chiquae07
06-21-2006, 11:05 PM
great.... btw welcome to af :)

i peronally say that drifting isnt easy to learn. i can understeer pretty well, but thats not an ideal drift as many may argue. u cant put a price tag on how much it costs to learn, its called time. how fast u can learn to get sideways and be comfertable with it is a whole nother story. u can get a pretty cheap car to do it in that is rwd. old rx-7s, stangs, almost anything can work. as long as u can clutch kick when turning to get the tires spinning to go sideways, then go for it. dont expect it to happen like learning how to play GT4 for the first time. its more like learning to crawl, then walk, then run.

myslef
06-22-2006, 11:22 AM
thanx i relized it would take time still thanx for the advice

drftk1d
06-22-2006, 09:53 PM
find a friend with a car and ask him if you can practice on it
thats the cheapest way to do it

L-Spec
06-23-2006, 12:57 AM
Here's what I do: If I know I'll be at a drifting event, I'll slap on various body parts I got off ebay that were dirt cheap because they were damaged or slightly warped. I did that until I was complately confortable with my driving. Six years of Gran Turismo drifting was enough to grasp the basics of drifting, but applying techniques in the real world is the most difficult next to overcoming your fear of drifting a corner at 80+ km/hr haha.

If you honestly just want to drift and not care about looks, definitely get used bumpers, fenders, etc. so when an accident does occur (and they will :)) it won't be so bad. Also you can grab almost bald tires for next to nothing if not free from anywhere really.

I don't know if you'll have friends that will let you borrow their car for drifting. I know I'd kick the shit out of my friends if they went drifting in my car haha.

Add your comment to this topic!