Posting images.

M1CRO
06-21-2006, 09:07 AM
I know this stuff has been discussed before,But there is a question I would like to ask on this subject.

It seems that you can post images which are high quality for members to view on any threads you create without any issues.. On the same thread even,But you can only have a signature file of 400 X 150 pixels..
Thats great for people who have a little banner and some adverts,But Recently I have used this feature for posting my WIP instead of making a new thread.WHY? well I like to show pictures of where Im at.Of the stage of the model im working on.a WIP thread would have lots of images which I dont want to keep...I just want to post 1-2 small images at any time.Nothing fancy.Just as they happen. I cant think that theres anything wrong with this, Maybe someone will find something..Im asking if the signature file size could just be raised a little please. 500 X 250 or something just so i can post 1 image that people can see as my signature.

Sry for being a pest and I do understand there has to be a limit on the image size..

M1CRO.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i253/dj_micro/rav4_4-1.jpg

freakray
06-21-2006, 10:10 AM
You can honestly thank the folks who disregard everyone and have huge signatures for the new rules on signatures.

M1CRO
06-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the info mate.

Does this mean that posting an attached IMG as a signature,Just from a link which I have done.As long as its not an obscene size is acceptable..?

twospirits
06-23-2006, 10:05 AM
You can honestly thank the folks who disregard everyone and have huge signatures for the new rules on signatures.Exactly the reason why it was set at a limit. Too many sigs that made the page scroll to far to the right. Blantly disregard for those members that do not have big screen tvs for a monitor.
Plus if the image is within a post, okay, its only seen once, but if it is in a sig, then it is seen on every post the member makes and if the member has a 600 x 400 size image, I find it very annoying (as others too) to have to see the same image over and over again in the same thread.

We are in the process of determining what would be the best size, but for the meantime it stays as what the guidelines states.

twospirits

lostgap
06-23-2006, 11:55 PM
cant we all just get along

Add your comment to this topic!