Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

got some intresting problems even top tecks cant figure it out

vonage003
06-19-2006, 05:46 PM
well here the thing..car ran after i swapped a kl-ze into it....i had a HLA tick some i replaced the lifters in my read cylendar head and put the car back togeter with the timing belt marked in the same spot and same with the distributor....then when the other set of lifters came i did this whole job again this time goin to put the timing belt back on the marks were gone so i had to manually put the car back together myself using my own knowlege. to make a long story short the car runs and is driveable with no check engine codes. but i have a low vaccume, it sits around about 12 to 13 and i have an extreme power loss.....andother thing is i can only start my car when i put my distributor fully advanced or it will not work....i was wondering if someone had and ideas....and is it possible for the cam timing to be off and i still get great compression reading?

evhgame
06-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Hmm very tough one..The only thing I can think of off the top of my head is the timing. If your compression is good, thats all I can think of. You may be able to solve this issue at this other forum. Its more active for Probes and dedicated to Probes

http://forums.probetalk.com

If posting another forum is against the ToS, to any mod, I do apologize, as all Im trying to do is help the man as I am a Probe owner myself.

vonage003
06-20-2006, 12:14 PM
okay well thanks i do appreciate it. i have another question..what if i had the cams just one tooth off..woudnt that break and completley screw up the teeth on the cams because their not the same as the teeth go around , they are differently spaced or however but, if it is timing its most likley my timing belt im guessing.. and if so if its one tooth off is it possible i still get good compression or no?

thanks again, ~very fruestrated probe owner~

Add your comment to this topic!