Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Clicks after the turnsignal cancels??

tbuckit1
06-19-2006, 06:42 AM
My '02 Alero has a clicking noise under the dash that continues a few seconds after the turn signals cancel. It sounds like the flasher, but the turn signals don't flash. The signal cancels and the clicking just continues for a second or so. Any ideas??

My security light is also on, but I don't think they are related. The security light is on constantly, but the car starts just fine.....Hmmmmmm????

TB1

BNaylor
06-19-2006, 07:25 AM
I don't believe your Passlock/Security light problem is related to the turnsignal/hazard problem.

The clicking sound is a common problem with Aleros. It is a flaky turn signal/hazard warning flasher. There has been a GM TSB out on the problem for awhile and GM should fix it free of charge.

Call Customer Assistance at 800-630-6537. They will need the VIN number and will tell you whether your year model qualifies. The 2002 model should be covered. The warranty on that specific failure was recently extended by GM to 10 years or 150K miles, whichever comes first.

tbuckit1
06-20-2006, 06:49 AM
I don't believe your Passlock/Security light problem is related to the turnsignal/hazard problem.

The clicking sound is a common problem with Aleros. It is a flaky turn signal/hazard warning flasher. There has been a GM TSB out on the problem for awhile and GM should fix it free of charge.

Call Customer Assistance at 800-630-6537. They will need the VIN number and will tell you whether your year model qualifies. The 2002 model should be covered. The warranty on that specific failure was recently extended by GM to 10 years or 150K miles, whichever comes first.

Hi there, bnaylor!

I appreciate your response, after messing with the turn signal switch (multifunction switch) I found that when I just touch the lever just a little, the flasher clicks. I just wiggle it slightly. I'm sure you may be right, but I'm leaning toward the multifunction switch. I may as well replace the flasher at the same time.

Again, I appreciate your response, TB1

tbuckit1
06-21-2006, 06:21 AM
Multifunction switch did the trick. $40 dollars at the salvage yard. Piece of cake to change out, about a 20 minute job.........four screws and three plugs.

TB1

Add your comment to this topic!