Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Ok problem

RexT
06-14-2006, 10:56 PM
I have a 96 blazer LT i just got used. Ok it ran good for the first two weeks and now when i start it up it shakes and shakes until im in second gear, and its jumpy in first gear it like jumps to shift and doesnt sound right it sound as its being overused or redlined but it isnt, please help me
thanks

BlazerLT
06-14-2006, 11:04 PM
I have a 96 blazer LT i just got used. Ok it ran good for the first two weeks and now when i start it up it shakes and shakes until im in second gear, and its jumpy in first gear it like jumps to shift and doesnt sound right it sound as its being overused or redlined but it isnt, please help me
thanks

First off, you should do a full tuneup.

Cap & Rotor
Plugs (AC Delco Platinum only)
plug Wires
Fuel Filter
Air filter
PCV valve
Full Bottle of Chevon Techron fuel injecter cleaner in a full tank of fuel (Cleaner in, and then fill up with gas.)

When the engine is misfiring, the tranny computer will get confused as well.

Also, is the check engine light on?

RexT
06-14-2006, 11:06 PM
yes check engine light is on, and everything should be good we got it from a dealer and it ran fine for awhile and one day just started doing it. but it sounds when i start it like its dieing like shakes and such then when i get into 2nd everything is fine

BlazerLT
06-14-2006, 11:10 PM
yes check engine light is on, and everything should be good we got it from a dealer and it ran fine for awhile and one day just started doing it. but it sounds when i start it like its dieing like shakes and such then when i get into 2nd everything is fine

Go to AutoZone and get the codes scanned. Get the actual code number, not the autozone monkey's interpretation of it.

The code will tell you what is happening and what is wrong.

And don't think that becuase it came from a dealer that it means that the things on my list above were changed.

OverBoardProject
06-14-2006, 11:11 PM
Welcome to AF RexT :cheers:

Trust me on this Dealers don't tune cars up unless they need it. Even then if it only needs 1 plug wire to run right some dealers will just replace the 1 wire.
You really can't balame them, they want to make as much as possible off every vehicle, and a tune up is something that you can negotiate in the purchase price as well.
That's what we did in the lot I was working in

RexT
06-14-2006, 11:15 PM
has anyone ever heard of this problem?

OverBoardProject
06-14-2006, 11:17 PM
That sort of problem is actually listed on this forum all the time, and a tune up cures it 90% of the time.

That's the wonderfull thing about computers, the codes tell you exactly what's wrong, and make troubleshooting easier than old school

BlazerLT
06-15-2006, 12:56 AM
has anyone ever heard of this problem?

Yes, but you problem will be pointed out when you get your codes scanned for free at Autozone.

Get us the number and we will go from there.

RexT
06-15-2006, 01:54 PM
How much does it cost to go get this code done?

RexT
06-15-2006, 02:18 PM
sorry didnt see it was free*

RexT
06-15-2006, 02:51 PM
exactly what it sayes.

History DTC P0300
Random/Multiple
Cylinder
Misfire Detected
MIL REQUESTED
Since IGN NOT RUN
Since Clear P/F

BlazerLT
06-15-2006, 09:56 PM
So you got a P0300?

billibong
06-16-2006, 10:39 AM
Follow the advise that has been posted on this site. DO A TUNE UP!!
With the exception of the number three plug, everything can be done easily in a tune up, the whole job won't take more than two and a half hours, tops... and will cost about $150.
Random multiple misfires are usually caused by fouled or faulty plugs, bad rotor, or bad cap. By taking care of all of these at once it will give you less headaches in the long run.

BlazerLT
06-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Cap & Rotor
Wires
AC Delco Platinum plugs ONLY!
PCV Valve
Air Filter
Fuel Filter

Add your comment to this topic!