Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

2006 Jerking

jd001
06-14-2006, 01:29 PM
Although the problem is occuring on my SV6, I have posted here to see if any of the Uplanders have experieced the same problem.
The problem is as follows.... I just bought a 2006 Montana SV6, and it has less than 500 miles on it. I noticed with the transmission in drive, brake applied, vehicle stopped, that when I release the brake and slowly move forward without pressing the accelerator, the vehicle will jerk slowly foward. It is very noticable. When I press the accelerator the problem goes away. I have taken it to 3 dealers and they all give me the same answer " this is nothing to worry about". I don't believe that this is nothing... it does not seem normal. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this. The problem seems to be less noticable (although still there) if I have driven the vehicle for a while

GMMerlin
06-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Although the problem is occuring on my SV6, I have posted here to see if any of the Uplanders have experieced the same problem.
The problem is as follows.... I just bought a 2006 Montana SV6, and it has less than 500 miles on it. I noticed with the transmission in drive, brake applied, vehicle stopped, that when I release the brake and slowly move forward without pressing the accelerator, the vehicle will jerk slowly foward. It is very noticable. When I press the accelerator the problem goes away. I have taken it to 3 dealers and they all give me the same answer " this is nothing to worry about". I don't believe that this is nothing... it does not seem normal. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this. The problem seems to be less noticable (although still there) if I have driven the vehicle for a while

Sorry to hurt your feelings, but it is a normal operation condition of the vehicle.
The combination of the engine rpm and the convertor stall speed will give you a slight jerking sensation like you are describing.
It happens on alot of vehicles..no cause for alarm.

jd-autotech
07-04-2006, 11:41 PM
its a totally normal condition. its the way it was built and after all technicians can only make a vehcile as good as it was built they can not redesign it so try not to blame guys working on it as much as the guys who designed it. i hope this puts your mind as ease, but i know when spend that kinda money you exspect alittle more.and in my opinion you should get it

jd001
07-05-2006, 12:00 PM
I appreciate the replys I have received to try and put my mind at ease. I have owned many cars (all new) and this is the first time I have experienced such as condition. As I understand it, the SV6 and Montana's are really built on old designs. The engine, the transmission and the platform have been around for some time. All that GM did was give it a face lift. If this is true, then why have we not heard more about this annoying jerking effect.

GMMerlin
07-08-2006, 12:22 PM
I appreciate the replys I have received to try and put my mind at ease. I have owned many cars (all new) and this is the first time I have experienced such as condition. As I understand it, the SV6 and Montana's are really built on old designs. The engine, the transmission and the platform have been around for some time. All that GM did was give it a face lift. If this is true, then why have we not heard more about this annoying jerking effect.

To get this condition to occur, you have to be under the right operating conditions.
What has happened is you have felt it and now you are tuned into it.
I can create the same condition on many vehicles.
What this is, is a driver perception problem and not a vehicle operation condition

Add your comment to this topic!