Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Outland seat vests

Katterinablu
06-14-2006, 10:04 AM
Does anyone have, used or seen the Outland seat vests? I believe other companies make exactly the same ones, but I have the Outland ones.

I am having trouble getting them to fit my seats correctly. They are suppose to stretch over the seat, but there is no way of keeping them locked down. There are these two black plastic connectors (the kind you get on back packs, they are the female end) at the front of the vest that sit behind my lower back but there are no male connectors to attach it to, so its not really stretched at all. I can pull them through the back of the seat but they just come out.

Did they change the seats from year to year? My wife got them for her 01' but she never put them on, I have an 06'

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

fredjacksonsan
06-14-2006, 01:26 PM
Seats are different....we had the same problem with seat covers on our '04, had ordered the '03 ones somehow. Look @ the side bolsters, much larger on the later models.

Don't know about the female connectors, probably there are some male connectors for the bottom seat cover? :dunno:

Katterinablu
06-14-2006, 01:38 PM
Seats are different....we had the same problem with seat covers on our '04, had ordered the '03 ones somehow. Look @ the side bolsters, much larger on the later models.

Don't know about the female connectors, probably there are some male connectors for the bottom seat cover? :dunno:

The bottom seat cover does have male connectors but they are on the side to go underneath, there are none on the back of the bottom seat cover. not sure what I should do, cant take it back. Maybe I can try something creative with a pair of scissors. I like them though, coz they look cool.

What did you do with yours? did you return them?

fredjacksonsan
06-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Yeah, returned and got them replaced with the correct ones. Unfortunate you can't return yours.....

Are there any extra straps without a connector? You can get the connectors at various camping stores.

Katterinablu
06-14-2006, 01:51 PM
Yeah, returned and got them replaced with the correct ones. Unfortunate you can't return yours.....

Are there any extra straps without a connector? You can get the connectors at various camping stores.

You know I checked that and there are no loose straps left for extra connectors, it also doesnt look like they have been cut off either. Its a mystery. There were no instructions... not that there should be, how difficult is it to put on a seat vest :)

Maybe I can get my wife to sew some straps into it :D

Thanks for the help.

Add your comment to this topic!