Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Prius owners= ricers?

RedLightning
06-13-2006, 10:42 PM
http://priuschat.com/index.php?showtopic=16201&st=0

They sure are fast, damn fast from 0-6.(6, not 60)

I never knew that they could hang with vipers, 5.0 mustangs, and sport bikes.

GForce957
06-13-2006, 10:50 PM
I plan on taking the prius to the track soon to see what it'll do in the 1/4. I've been reading up on how to launch it. This is what I've came up with as the best way to drag race a prius based on only what i've read:

- Charge the battery to full by holding the gas and brake all the way down till the engine shuts off.

- Launch the car in "B" mode because it will pre-load the engine to "launch"

- Of course try to have as little fuel as possible

I think I should be able to hit somewhere in the mid 17 second range. (hopefully) which is actually not bad.

the prius tops out at 108... yeah.. i know.. it does 107 easy.. does 108 easy.. and you still get 15mpg... but that's it.. you can't go faster than 108.. trust me.. i tried when racing an M3 down a highway.. all downhill.. only reason he beat me ( i had low profiles on the car) is because he tops around 150.

haha, i love it

Mr Wiggl3s
06-13-2006, 10:57 PM
- Charge the battery to full by holding the gas and brake all the way down till the engine shuts off.

Huh? :screwy:

streetrcr45
06-14-2006, 12:10 AM
I plan on taking the prius to the track soon to see what it'll do in the 1/4. I've been reading up on how to launch it. This is what I've came up with as the best way to drag race a prius based on only what i've read:

- Launch the car in "B" mode because it will pre-load the engine to "launch"

- Of course try to have as little fuel as possible

I think I should be able to hit somewhere in the mid 17 second range. (hopefully) which is actually not bad.

the prius tops out at 108... yeah.. i know.. it does 107 easy.. does 108 easy.. and you still get 15mpg... but that's it.. you can't go faster than 108.. trust me.. i tried when racing an M3 down a highway.. all downhill.. only reason he beat me ( i had low profiles on the car) is because he tops around 150.

haha, i love it

i had that exact same quote copied and ready to paste and then i read what you posted...lol...

hilarious.... i think it should do the quarter mile in about hmmm 17 seconds... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DinanM3_S2
06-14-2006, 12:45 AM
Honestly, the Prius is the biggest joke on the auto market right now. I'll allow Jeremy Clarkson to explain-
http://youtube.com/watch?v=H_5VfwihIpo&search=Top%20Gear%20Prius

Basically, the Europeans get small, low displacement diesels that get much better fuel economy. The only reason we Americans think the Prius is so amazing is that most of us don't know about what everyone else is getting.

-The Stig-
06-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Huh? :screwy:

Completely drain the battery, to get a full charge and not a half assed charge.

TheStang00
06-14-2006, 11:42 AM
i already went over this

Prius owners = Amish dudes

Mr Wiggl3s
06-14-2006, 11:59 AM
Haha

"Ok im being unfair, the child could go out into the street retrive his ball, grow to pubirty before i get there"

quteasabutton
06-14-2006, 12:20 PM
reading that guy's post i wanted to reach thru my computer and slap him. even if the guy strapped a rocket to his trunk..he still probably wouldn't win. this was probably my favorite line

eco car prius, i know i know it isnt what its ment to do but come on, the car has an insane amount of torque of the line

pre98zetec
06-14-2006, 12:25 PM
reading that guy's post i wanted to reach thru my computer and slap him. even if the guy strapped a rocket to his trunk..he still probably wouldn't win. this was probably my favorite lineI know the cars not in any means 'fast'.. or for that matter even 'quick'..

it does make 295ftlbs of torque from 0-1200rpm, so yes, it would have a lot of 'torque' off the line.

Mr Wiggl3s
06-14-2006, 12:31 PM
Wow...
http://priuschat.com/Decal-Application-tips-t20738.html

TheStang00
06-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Stock tires suck for quick acceleration. They slip pretty easy when jamming down the gas peddle, and the TRAC robs precious acceleration time.

apparently the pruis it brutal on teh tires... all the mad torque. im jelous. i guess i should watch out for them since they are faster than M3's

Underground_Killah
06-14-2006, 05:21 PM
wow and i thought it couldn't get any worse. that's some massive torque, i'd better cringe before i face one lol

Underground_Killah
06-14-2006, 05:28 PM
with mods like these
2006 Prius Barcelona Red Package #7
Mods...
Racing Hub Caps, 19" Rear wiper upgrade, Mud Guards, JDM Side Markers, 3M Clear Bra, OEM EV Button, Zaino everything.
More info can be found on my website http://www.JayGroh.com

who can compete? rotflmao

Add your comment to this topic!