vacuum connection.

no__name42
06-12-2006, 11:57 PM
hiya!

im doing a vacuum brake conversion on my 86 Parisienne wagon. 5.0 liter.

i need a place where i can get a vacuum source that will suffice for the brake booster.

anyone where where i can tap in to one?

thanks in advance :)

Madcat455
06-13-2006, 02:10 PM
Olds or chevy 5.0?? What's the CUI rating on the emission's sticker?

Should've come with Vac. brakes from the factory anyway. It'll be hooked up to either the intake manifold or the carb base plate. Depends on how the carb is set up, If it's the factory carb and the car came from GM without factory Vac. brakes, then the carb might not be provisioned with the vac port for the booster. Look for a Vac. fitting that will hook to a 3/8 vac hose (like the PCV valve) on either the carb or intake. Run the car, remove the Vac. cap that will be on there now (since it doesn't have vac brakes) and make sure that it sucks ALOT of air (remove the PCV for a good reference as to how much Vac. it uses). Should almost stall the car with it removed. Once you've found that, just plug the Vac hose for the booster there.

be careful with the carb, as it'll have a vac hose the same size but hookes up to the Evap. cannister. That will not have vacum to run the booster plus it's on top of the carb, not the base plate like the Brake hose will be (if it's on the carb)

richtazz
06-20-2006, 01:20 PM
The 80's wagons had that goofy Delco Powermaster system, not vacuum brakes. Find a plug in the intake manifold (normally ddriectly under where the carb mounts) to tap into for your vacuum source. You don't want to tap into the carb, as you need a constant vacuum source below the throttle plates.

rhandwor
09-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Most people who are bald don't have hair.

Add your comment to this topic!