Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Other car parts can be extremely easy.

Gotian
06-11-2006, 07:54 PM
So yestaurday I went ahead and bought a new 4 bar fuel pressure regulator. Reason why I used a 4 bar is because the adjustable one i had bought wouldve been to much of a hassle to install since I wouldve needed to hack up my fuel rail and thats something I don't want to do. So I went to the local performance store to see if they had the part, unfortunatly they didnt, so they gave me a number to call to see if they had it. I called and got the directions and little did I know but the place was a garage that sold after market parts and did ecu tuning as well as installs. They also Specialized in Audi and VW Performance! Sweet!

So after I bought the FPR which is a direct drop in that didnt take more than 5 mins of my time I decided to test it out. I let the car run for about 10 mins so the fuel can go throught the FPR and so the ecu could get used to the extra fuel. When I took it out I didnt feel any difference in power, and I was boosting the same 14.5 and peaking 19. On top of that when I got to a red light the car had shut off. So I turn the car back on and this is where things got interesting, I actually got to see my ECU going to work and begin to adjust things.

I started driving again and now I was holding 15 still peaking 19. So now I had some sort of improvement and the boosting felt smoother alot more natural. As the day progressed into night I saw and felt my car becoming faster as the ecu compensated and readjusted itself. By the end of the night (which is how it seemed to have settled and this is how it's going to stay) I was boosting a peak of 20 and hold 17 through 4.5k where it tapered down to 15 by the time it got closer to 6k. So I'm really happy to see some improvements by this, so now i need to save another $80 to order my next part.

Sleepr awd
06-11-2006, 08:06 PM
frickin' easy to mod jettas...

erg!!

good stuff though, enjoy boost and 4 doors, it is the only way to go

Add your comment to this topic!