Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

How is the Fujimi Veilside R33 GT-R kit?

Hash_man
08-01-2002, 01:05 AM
I just saw a post of yours and I was lookin at ur current projects and saw that veilside GTR R33, the white and grey one... I was thinking about buying this kit off of HLJ and was wondering what you think of the kit. Are you done?? if so howd it turn out? And where did you get yours?? How much did you pay?? In case you dont know which one I am talking about... It is the one on the bottom row, of your current projects, to the right of the blue car, I think its an RX7.

Styxnpicks
08-01-2002, 03:28 AM
The kit is Fujimi Veilside R33 GT-R, and I bought it from HLJ a few months ago. I havn't started it yet but I have opened it and checked the fit of a few of the peices. The one thing about this kit is all the ground effects are seperate White metal peices, and to use them you have to cut the rear bumper and sideskirts of of the body, then it needs a lil bit of work with putty and primer, i havn't dove into this one yet because its a lil involed but frome the fit of the front bumpber, it dosn't look as bad as it seems. The kit does include some sort of five spoke rims, racing seats, a big muffler, and some of that screen mesh stuff for the grills,, the metal peices do need a lil sanding and putty in sum places to fill pits and mold lines but other than that it looks fine

Hash_man
08-02-2002, 12:17 AM
Thanks man... although that sounds like a lot of work do you think it is worth it cuz it sounds like a really cool kit.???!

Styxnpicks
08-02-2002, 12:35 AM
i think it is, unlike the veilside 300zx i have sitting on my top shelf cause the resin shrunk and need mass putty work, but the R33's body work seems to fit well

Add your comment to this topic!