Pricing Assistance

dennyge
06-09-2006, 04:02 PM
Well, it's time to say goodbye to my beloved 99 1500. My job has purchased for me a new work vehicle that is much better on gas and the Mrs. (boss) has talked me into getting rid of BART (Big Ass Red Truck). Here's the situation, though. I still owe just over 12K on the truck. I have done the research on kbb.com and NADA in order to set a selling price, but get a HUGE discrepancy in the two reports. I was wondering if any of you could lend some advice on what it would be worth. Here are some of the specifics:

99 Dodge Ram SLT Lariat
88500 miles
Soft tonneau cover (snap style)
Fairly new tires
Tow package
Nerf bars
No rust or major mechanical issues (I have loved and taken care of her)
Receiver hitch
5.9 L--360
Quad Cab short bed (suicide doors)
4WD
PW/PL/Tilt
Single CD

What do you think I could expect on it?
BTW--The responses I have gotten on previous posts have been fantastic and I am thankful for all the help you have given over the years!

imtheoneandonlyD
06-10-2006, 03:16 PM
If your selling to a dealer dont expect to be offered more than around 5-6k for it. You will definatly be taking a loss since you owe 12k still.

dennyge
06-10-2006, 05:21 PM
I will be selling it privately and am thinking about putting a tag on it for $11,500. What do you think?

BleedDodge
06-10-2006, 07:38 PM
Worth a shot.

crazys182003
06-10-2006, 11:16 PM
I would put a tage on it more than what your actually expecting to get. we had an old cavalier that had damage to the front end and insurance wanted to toal it we sold it instead and neevr claimed it. we figured we would get like 900 but we put on 1250 and we ended up getting about 1100. so if you are gonan try to pay it off I would raise it a little bit and see what happens and if people are actually interested they will call or stop and ask if you would go lower and then begin barganing. usually the tires are what made my deals when I sold vehicles. sold my blazer for a lot more than it was worth b/c it had off road tires on it. heck I was told be kellyblueboook it was worth about 800-1000 for a private sell and I sold my blazer to a dealer for 2000. I'm not kidding either. plus I got a good dodge to replace my blazer.

Add your comment to this topic!