Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

stalling when goin from reverse to drive??

papiichuulo
06-09-2006, 11:31 AM
has anybody heard similiar complaints? Police Dept. is complaining of the cars stalling when they try to go from reverse to drive too quickly. Spoken with Ford, they say it is normal, you have to let the engine "calm down" before changing gears or directions, hhmmmm...

krewl1
06-20-2006, 08:10 PM
We have 12 cars in our fleet ranging form 99-05 and none of them do it but then again if someone complained to me I would tell them to stop beating on the tranny.

papiichuulo
06-20-2006, 08:51 PM
There are 9 cars in our fleet. The problem is apparent in only two of them, same model year. I might have to double check, but I believe they are 03 models. The rest of the fleet doesn't have the problem.

krewl1
06-21-2006, 07:50 AM
I will give it a shot on a 03 when I am back to work on Thursday.

way2old
06-21-2006, 07:03 PM
We have about 700 in our fleet--75 are 03's. I have not heard of any complaints yet.

papiichuulo
06-22-2006, 09:07 PM
There are 9 cars in our fleet. The problem is apparent in only two of them, same model year. I might have to double check, but I believe they are 03 models. The rest of the fleet doesn't have the problem.
I stand corrected, they are '05 models, and the problem is getting progressively worse. No codes present with the baby "Nemysis" that the shop has. I finally got a chance to experience their complaint. It seems as though the idle just drops very low, sometimes so low the the engine dies. I am suspecting the i.a.c. valve/motor. These models apparantly came with a throttle body that has the i.a.c. assembly built in. Therefore making it a throttlebody/i.a.c. assy. (more than likely a pricey one too!!) Called Ford and asked for price and availability, they say they dont have a listing for the i.a.c. for '05. They were not able to pull up or cross the number that was on the part, the ford number!!! LOL Parts man said to check tomorrow with the service dept., he heard rumor of a tsb on it. I'll see.........

Add your comment to this topic!