Ebay Turbo:sketchy?

Asian Sensatian
06-09-2006, 12:47 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-05-CIVIC-D17-T3-T4-TURBO-CHARGER-KIT-REAL-HP-GAIN_W0QQitemZ8072390440QQihZ019QQcategoryZ33742QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does this turbo look good? Im thinking it mayt be a bit sketchy because its on ebay for sale for fairly cheap, but i would like to know if i should buy it or not?

Schister66
06-09-2006, 08:26 AM
NO.

Look around at the prices of a good turbo set up....you're going to spend in the $2500-3000 for a good set up. I have spent around $3k after my clutch and tuning on my turbo build. All of that stuff is rip off Chinese garbage....if you ever see a turbo with a tag on the compressor housing that says "turbocharger XYZ" on it or whatever it says...you can tell its a ripoff...

If you want boost, do it right or you're just throwing your money away....

Asian Sensatian
06-09-2006, 09:28 AM
NO.

Look around at the prices of a good turbo set up....you're going to spend in the $2500-3000 for a good set up. I have spent around $3k after my clutch and tuning on my turbo build. All of that stuff is rip off Chinese garbage....if you ever see a turbo with a tag on the compressor housing that says "turbocharger XYZ" on it or whatever it says...you can tell its a ripoff...

thats exactly what i was thinking,
here is what im really planning on buying though, is it good?

http://www.turbo-kits.com/01-05_civic_turbo_kits.html

the first one on the list im going to buy it with the fuel upgrade, the ball bearing upgrade and the quall length mani.

Good?

AudioGuy93DelSol
06-09-2006, 10:06 AM
Instead of paying that extra price for a piggy back upgrade, take that money and get your car tuned. We got my friends turbo civic NepTuned for about $700. That price also included unlimited dyno time and chipping the ecu. For the reliabilty and precisness of tuning, that price is unbeatable.

I forgot to add: For all the XS power haters, that's the kit he's using pushing 14psi and it's been great.

superbluecivicsi
06-09-2006, 10:10 AM
looks like a pos.

Asian Sensatian
06-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Instead of paying that extra price for a piggy back upgrade, take that money and get your car tuned. We got my friends turbo civic NepTuned for about $700. That price also included unlimited dyno time and chipping the ecu. For the reliabilty and precisness of tuning, that price is unbeatable.

I forgot to add: For all the XS power haters, that's the kit he's using pushing 14psi and it's been great.

Well i have to buy the fuel upgrade for it to work properly dont I?
So suggestions are i should not buy the equal length mani or ball bearing turbo, and i should just go get it tuned? You said he has that turbo on turbo kits.com? how is it running, how long has he had it and have tehre been any problems?

What kind of tune do i need to get?

Asian Sensatian
06-10-2006, 12:28 AM
NO.

you never did help me find parts man :P

Schister66
06-10-2006, 04:54 AM
you never did help me find parts man :P

today is the first time ive been online for a week....sorry i work construction 60hrs a week during the summer so that i can pay for college and have a boosted Honda at 19.

As for the turbo kit from www.turbokits.com it is RIDICULOUSLY overpriced and isn't nearly worth what they want. With $3200 you could get a much better set up if you bought parts individually and didn't get assraped on them. They want $3200 for a turbo kit has no management system and no injectors. With those two alone, you're up to $3600, then add a clutch and tuning and make it an even $4500 after labor for the clutch.

That kit is horrible....i have an idea....you give me the $3000 and i'll get you something much, much better....

Schister66
06-10-2006, 04:56 AM

Not all XS Power stuff is junk....i would NEVER use it on my personal car, but every once in a while there shit has to work.....i hope it lasts

Polygon
06-10-2006, 04:23 PM
I must say that buying most parts on eBay is a risk. There is a lot of crap that are knock offs.

Schister66
06-10-2006, 07:25 PM
I must say that buying most parts on eBay is a risk. There is a lot of crap that are knock offs.

:iagree: spend the extra little bit of money and get something that you KNOW is going to work...

Asian Sensatian
06-11-2006, 09:13 AM
today is the first time ive been online for a week....sorry i work construction 60hrs a week during the summer so that i can pay for college and have a boosted Honda at 19.

As for the turbo kit from www.turbokits.com (http://www.turbokits.com) it is RIDICULOUSLY overpriced and isn't nearly worth what they want. With $3200 you could get a much better set up if you bought parts individually and didn't get assraped on them. They want $3200 for a turbo kit has no management system and no injectors. With those two alone, you're up to $3600, then add a clutch and tuning and make it an even $4500 after labor for the clutch.

That kit is horrible....i have an idea....you give me the $3000 and i'll get you something much, much better....

alright, i guess lets start looking for parts man :) i have 1 grand right now, so i can buy something for now. what should i buy first?

Schister66
06-11-2006, 12:17 PM
what motor is it again? I think i remember H22, but i'm not sure.....

As for the first thing i would buy.....what do you want to set as your power goal? Are you keeping AC? What do you plan on spending total??

There is no point in dropping $400 on a manifold now and then having to skimp on other things later. I would first plan out every step you're going to take and then slowly buy parts as you find them. If you're in a hurry to get parts, you'll end up spending $200+ more than you expected in the end. I waited and waited on parts and ended up getting a deal on a NEW Exedy clutch and ACT fly....its normally $650 for the set up and i got it for half price.

Just start out making a list and then we'll go over it a bunch of times.....then you can start buying stuff.

Patience.....:p

Schister66
06-11-2006, 12:18 PM
just for the record.....my build took almost 2 years....on 2 cars

I started planning to boost my 97 Civic EX coupe, but then i bought my GSR and kept reading and planning....then one day i bought my first part and it snowballed from there.....

Asian Sensatian
06-11-2006, 05:21 PM
what motor is it again? I think i remember H22, but i'm not sure.....

As for the first thing i would buy.....what do you want to set as your power goal? Are you keeping AC? What do you plan on spending total??

There is no point in dropping $400 on a manifold now and then having to skimp on other things later. I would first plan out every step you're going to take and then slowly buy parts as you find them. If you're in a hurry to get parts, you'll end up spending $200+ more than you expected in the end. I waited and waited on parts and ended up getting a deal on a NEW Exedy clutch and ACT fly....its normally $650 for the set up and i got it for half price.

Just start out making a list and then we'll go over it a bunch of times.....then you can start buying stuff.

Patience.....:p

not H22, its a d17 and i plan on keeping my ac :P
I dont know exactly what i plan on spending total probably somewehre around 3 grand. As for power im not sure, probably just 180 190.. somewhere in there.

I found this idk if its any better?
http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/turbo_specialties_extreme_turbo_kits/hc25b3x/

Add your comment to this topic!