Our Community is 940,000 Strong. Join Us.

Front Brake Pads

DINO55
06-08-2006, 09:46 PM
I put new ceramic brake pads (FRONT & REAR) on my truck 5,500 miles ago. Two weeks ago I noticed a Pulse in the brake peddle. Today I put new front rotors on it and to my suprise I still have the pulse. Not as bad but still noticeable. My question is, Can bad brake pads cause this pulsating, Should I have put new pads on it with the rotors, or do I have more problems. Anyone else have the funky pulse in their brakes?
Thanks for your help in advance guy's...
DINO

OverBoardProject
06-09-2006, 03:58 AM
Some people used to say that we should get new rotors turned. Although I never have, and don't believe in it.

However there is a chance that new rotors can be bent requiring turning to remove that pulsing.

See if you can get the store to just spin them and see if they're both straight.
Tell them that if they aren't you want new straight ones, not those ones turned.

muddog321
06-09-2006, 05:26 AM
Those rear discs are probably the ones - pull the slides pins out and grease them too cause those babies are always forgotten due to design and when you remove the caliper and bracket those stay on the bracket. Check the inside of the rear rotors for more wear too. Been there a few times! Even had new front rotors wrap after 1000 miles - cheap steel (China).

DINO55
06-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Those rear discs are probably the ones - pull the slides pins out and grease them too cause those babies are always forgotten due to design and when you remove the caliper and bracket those stay on the bracket. Check the inside of the rear rotors for more wear too. Been there a few times! Even had new front rotors wrap after 1000 miles - cheap steel (China).

Muddog321
I took your advice this morning and you were correct, My Caliper slide pins on the bottom of each side were rusted in, I had to use brut force to remove them. I wire wheeled, greased, and installed them and the brakes are like new again. Thanks for the fix.

Dino

BlazerLT
06-09-2006, 10:34 PM
so amny people don't ever grease the pins.

They are just as important as any other part. :D

People are catching on though, let's all educate them when they ask about a brake job.

Add your comment to this topic!