'95 seville problems, HELP!!!

quietriot20
06-08-2006, 12:12 PM
139k on it!! one day after i got this car, the engine overheated... no clue why. changed the thermostat...not the prolem. replaced some gaskets...not the prolem. there is no water actually leaking from anywhere, might be a blown head gasket? i have the oppertunity to get my money back...should i do it, will i have alot of problems with this car????:banghead:

jeeperphil
08-16-2006, 05:17 PM
the 95 i had overheated and stripped the head bolts. needed new engine, have since found out this common problem with northstar. cad won't admit it but every mech and some dealers have confermed this. get rid of it.

DFBonnett
08-17-2006, 08:10 AM
Before you give up on the car you need to find out why it overheated. If it due to a leak in a hose or a loose waterpump belt then it is an easy repair. If it a blown head gasket, run away now. These cars are nice to drive but if you can't fix it yourself they are very costly to maintain.
Your call.

Vats
09-18-2006, 04:25 PM
I suspect the cause of overheating may be the belt that drives the water pump. Located on the top of the engine on right side. There is a small belt driven off the camshaft that drives the pump. Very common fault as the belts break.

UNYboater
11-29-2006, 07:35 PM
If you have a limited time to get out of the deal, you may want to start that conversation. You could put the responsibility on the seller to find/fix the problem or give you a refund.

Add your comment to this topic!